CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Strike and Reserve

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Deep Strike and Reserve Empty
PostSubject: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:50 am

Can Models with the Deepstrike special ability choose to arrive via Reserves instead?

ie. Can they move in from their own table edge or must they always arrive via deep strike?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:52 am

How I've always read it is that you can do either. I believe (though, I don't have my codices on me) that it says that you "may" deepstrike if the mission allows for it (or in some cases, even if the mission doesn't allow it specifically, like Grey Knights, I think).
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:14 am

Unless it specifically states that you can start in reserves you must deep strike them. If you have the Deep strike rule it does not confer a reserves movement. Its one or the other unless specified differently.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 11:50 am

Ok, then I guess my memory is faulty...... big surprise there.... Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:53 pm

JTPitt wrote:
Unless it specifically states that you can start in reserves you must deep strike them. If you have the Deep strike rule it does not confer a reserves movement. Its one or the other unless specified differently.

All the missions in the book allow for Reserves. So if I declare them in "reserve" , Deepstrike then becomes an "optional" deployment method.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 pm

That sounds about right. As long as their profile allows them to deep strike.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:06 pm

It depends on if it says they "may" deep strike or "Must" deepstrike. Tyranid likers and spore mines must for instance.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Any model in the game can come in from reserve now. If you choose to deepstrike a unit you have to declare it when you are splitting your force though (and they have to have the capability.)

No holding a unit back in reserve then deepstriking it later on.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Same goes with Outflank. You have to declare during deployment.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:53 pm

So you have to declare that you are Deep striking. You can't make a not on your paper for later when asked. It kinda takes the surprise advantage away doesn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 am

nevermind Im a dumbazz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Strike and Reserve   Deep Strike and Reserve Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Strike and Reserve
Page 1 of 1