CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney

Go down 
+2
Bojesphob
Mike Leon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:34 pm

We need to have a huge Apocalypse game soon. I'm talking mega battle action here.

What days are good? I'm thinking a Saturday afternoon.

Also, I came up with something pretty wild.

We should have a tournament or mini-tournament where everybody prepares an army, puts it on the table, and then we shuffle players. I suspect this would result in hilarity. Also people would get a chance to mix things up a little without spending $1000.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 3:51 pm

I would love to do an Apocalypse game. I was actually thinking of trying to set one up over the weekend of my birthday (Feb 22), Saturday and Sunday, as Eric at SciFi City said that if we got there at opening on Sunday we could play through Saturday, then come back in on Sunday and finish it off. I bet we could even ask him if it were ok to move the tables around a little bit and make a really wide table instead of a really long one too....

I like the idea of shuffling players too Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 am

I would LOVE to throw down on an Apoc game. I was actually thinking about talking to Eric about setting one up. I set up a MASSIVE game many years ago at Comic Book World when Eric worked there. Sadly, I work overnight Saturdays, 6pm to 6am, so that is a bad day for me. I am good for a Sunday game though!

I thoroughly love the Apoc system. Everything about it. This is the type of 40k I have been looking for for more than a decade. I used to play Epic back in the day and I always wanted to translate that into 40k scale (mostly so I can use my titans!!!).

Since Apoc came out, I have been on a pretty massive arms race. I have amassed about 20k points for my Eldar now. This includes 3 titans...
In addition to beefing up my Eldar, I have also been on a rampage increasing my Apoc-worthy terrain. I have several very large buildings, craters, blockades, and a fledgling road system made. I can easily deck out a 4x8 table so that no table surface shows...

In fact, I am currently sidetracked with making my "behind enemy lines" objective: a downed Vyper crew.

So, if I can, I would LOVE to come and play in an Apoc game. If there's advanced notice, I could probably get somebody to cover for me. Worst case scenario, I suppose I could bring my terrain up and let you guys use it for the game.

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:55 am

I wouldnt mind getting in on this either
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:42 am

i'd love to play apocalypse. been meaning to use my plague tower and if anyone wants i have an imperial defence laser.
Back to top Go down
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 pm

ACME Games has an Apocalypse game scheduled for January 18th. It's supposed to start at noon (for setup) and turn one should kick off around 1:00 PM.

I believe the person running it said that people should bring up forces that are in multiples of 2500 points (so 2500, 5000, 7500, etc.). The guys who play in these events try to take "themed" armies, so trying to break the game is frowned upon. Smile It will last until it lasts. Last time it was around 10:00 PM or so.

ACME's doing a monthly Apoc game on one Sunday each month, but the days haven't been consistent. You can always call the store and find out more information.

For more information:

http://www.acmegames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23
Back to top Go down
http://www.acmegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney   Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse game and the Caddywampus Tourney
Page 1 of 1