A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Mission 1 - Planetfall

In the opening stage of the invasion, the attackers make massive drops into enemy territory, striking at night to secure
landing zones and minimise casualties. The defenders scramble to contain the enemy, scouring the area to hunt them
down. Commanding officers are critical, organizing the attack, and marshalling the defense.

Special rules - Escalation, Reserves, Deep Strike, Infiltrators,Night Fight turns 1-5, Flares. Each player gets two flares. They can use one flare in any shooting phase. Night fight is suspended for that phase. Escalation - only models on foot may deploy at the start of the game, no vehicles, bikes, jump packs or monstrous creatures.

Objectives:
Primary (10 points) - Enemy deployment zones. Have more scoring units in the opposing deployment zone than your
opponent has in yours.

Secondary (7 points) - Kill Points. Score at least 2 more kill points than your opponent.

Tertiary (4 points) - Commander KIA. Kill the opposing HQ of the highest point cost while keeping your own alive.

Setup:

12" deep deployment zones. Roll off. Winner chooses who gets first turn. That player may then deploy only infantry
on foot and scouts. All other units start the game in reserve. Player two may then deploy his foot infantry and scouts.
All other units come on as reserves, and may outflank or deep strike if they are allowed in their description. Player two
may attempt to steal the initiative. Units forced to fall back will move towards their closest deployment zone table edge.
Do not start a round if both players will be unable to finish. Remember the Night Fight rules!

Last edited by krak_kirby on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Mission 2 - Secure Objectives

Following the shock and awe of the initial attack, invading units push to secure vital objectives. Bridges, crossroads, and
local enemy HQ's are targeted, to hold for advancing heavier elements. The defenders fight just as hard to hold or
destroy objectives, to deny their use by the enemy.

Special rules - Infiltrators, Reserves, Deep Strike

Objectives:
Primary (10 points) - Secure the center. Have a scoring unit completely with 6" of the center at the end of the game, with
no enemy scoring units completely within 6" of the center.

Secondary (7 points) - Table Quarters. Claim more quarters than your opponent. Center unit may only claim the center
objective.

Tertiary (4 points) - Drive Them Back. All enemy scoring units destroyed or falling back.

Setup: Spearhead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Mission 3 - Strongpoint Assault

The enemy must be driven back, and the main push is on! Now that your forces are assembled and supplied, the time
has come for massed assault. As dawn breaks, the lines explode into action and the advance begins. The defenders
must throw them back!

Special rules - Waypoint Markers, Infiltrate, Deep Strike, Reverse Escalation. Reverse Escalation - All basic infantry units
without a dedicated transport are held in reserve, waiting for orders to deploy to a break in the enemy line. Scouts are
exempt. Everything else deploys normally.

Objectives:
Primary (10 points) - Enemy deployment zones. Have more scoring units in the opposing deployment zone than your
opponent has in yours.

Secondary (7 points) - Waypoint Markers - Overall command has tasked your forces to hold a waypoint on the field.
See setup. Claim your objective marker with only your scoring unit in contact, and deny your opponent his.

Tertiary (4 points) - Surviving Heavies and Troops - Have more scoring heavies and troops at the end of the game.

Setup: Spearhead
Roll off. Winner chooses who gets first turn. Player one places his waypoint marker anywhere in his opponents
deployment zone, then player two does the same. Player one may then deploy everything but foot infantry.
All other units start the game in reserve. Player two may then deploy in the same manner. All other units come on as
reserves. Player two may attempt to steal the initiative. Units forced to fall back will move towards their closest
deployment zone table edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Mission 4 - Last Stand

The enemy has been driven into their last bastion, and all his remaining forces are entrenched and waiting. It remains
for your forces to drive them out and eradicate forever the menace. Both forces are fighting through the shattered
landscape when the order comes, "Kill them all!".

Special rules - Night Fight turns 5 and 6, Reserves, Deep Strike, Infiltrators, Bunkers (pg.79). Each player gets a bunker
model they may deploy as a heavy choice. They may then immediately deploy a unit inside the bunker.

Objectives:
Primary (10 points) - Table Quarters. Claim more quarters than your opponent.

Secondary (7 points) - Kill points. Score 2 more kill points than your opponent.

Tertiary (4 points) - Annihilation. Destroy every last enemy model by the end of the game, including opponents bunker.

Setup: Pitched Battle

Last edited by krak_kirby on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:46 pm

krak_kirby wrote:
Mission 2 - Secure Objectives

Objectives:
Primary (10 points) - Secure the center. Have a scoring unit completely with 6" of the center at the end of the game, with
no enemy scoring units completely within 6" of the center.

Uh what if your an ork Player and the Scoring Unit doesn't fit? Doesn't seem quite fair for Orks, penalizing them for having Possibly a 30 boy squad that won't fit wholly within 6"?

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Or us nid players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:09 am

I haven't seen the unit yet that won't fit in a 12" diameter circle. I did some quick math and I can fit at least 118 infantry based models in that space. In this mission you'll be lucky to have anywhere near a full squad left in the center of the table anyway, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:09 am

What is Escalation?

And since only one of the scenarios has Infiltrators special rules does this mean that figures with infiltrate are not allowed to use that ability or is there something else?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:14 am

Oooops! Missions have been edited to allow infiltrators on all four, and escalation rules are added...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 pm

oops I was thinking 6" Diameter as in the typical 3" from the spot. Nevermind... lol

Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 am

My son has decided to bail out, so there will be 1 extra slot available. He feels he's not ready for the heavy competition yet (he's only 9). So if anyone wants to take his place call the Bookery. I'll be calling today to withdrawal his name when they open.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:48 pm

If I take wazdakka and take warbikers does the warbikers get counted as troops or Fast attack? As I would obviously take them as troops but just checking.

Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 pm

As long as his rule makes them troops they are considered troops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Wazdakka allows warbiker mobs to be taken as troops choices. If you choose, the mob wouldn't be a Fast Attack choice that counts as a Troops choice, it would simply be a Troops choice. A bike mob army would be pretty cool, I was thinking along those lines myself...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Would taking a Land raider and Land Raider Crusader in the same list for this tournament be illegal for the RTT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:21 pm

If a Drop pod carries a Dread/Thunderfire cannon will The drop pod assualt overrule/override the Escalation deployment (allowing it to come in the first round of play)?
Back to top Go down
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Two different entries in the army list are legal, so a Land Raider and a Land Raider Crusader are perfectly acceptable.

Codex rules overrule mission rules, so the drop pods would deploy as per the space marine codex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:52 pm

How does Table quarters work for Capturing? Or how do you capture a table quarters in 5th ed...

Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:28 am

A scoring unit in the table quarter with no opposing units of any kind in the same quarter. Units straddling quarters may choose only one quarter to contest at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:12 am

Is it full?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:21 am

I called Wednesday to sign up a friend ad there was one spot left after him. Not sure if it is filled now though.

40K Stats: ...is dead to me Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:22 am

Big thanks to everyone who came out and played. I'm looking forward to coming down for the CAG event. Maybe I'll bring some nob bikers, Makari Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 am

Thanks for the event. I had a great time. Sorry that I had to jet prior to the last round but it was running longer then I had planned with the spouse.

What was the final outcome?
Back to top Go down
GreenJello
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 am

Great tourney. It's wonderful as an ork player to be able to field an army I can carry in a large box. Really enjoyed playing against everybody there, seemed like a good crowd, I was NOT surprised at the 7 way tie for best sportsman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krak_kirby
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm

It took me a couple of days, but I finally got the names of the four players who placed at this event. Eric Ellis really went to town on prize support, with over $1,000 in store credit and door prizes given out. Many thanks to him and the Bookery in Fairborn, Ohio.

Overall - Kevin Kirby - Orks - Dayton
Second Overall - Jason Garner - Eldar - Columbus
Sportsmanship - Jeff Jenkins - Guard - Columbus
Appearance - Marcus Baxley - Orks - Michigan

I got to play against Jeff and Marcus and they were real gentlemen. We worked through rules issues quickly, and overall everyone was really easy going and fun to play with. The last event at Bookery in November was won by Wayno Maxey from Kentucky. I'm excited to see mature, competitive players from all over can get together and have a fun, spirited time. I'll keep trying to set up events at Bookery and KrystalKeep here in the Dayton area, and I hope to make it to tournaments elsewhere.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at Adepticon, the Athens RTT on feb. 7th., or the CAG RTT on may 16th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread   Today at 9:38 am

Back to top Go down

Bookery RTT Sun. Jan 25th Mission Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1