A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Not so much a player, but a location for playing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CliftonComics
Neophyte

PostSubject: Not so much a player, but a location for playing.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello.

CJ told me stop by and make some noise. I own Clifton Comics & Games. You might not have heard of my store, it's not too big of a surprise, it's hard to get the word around, you know? Even though we don't have much of a stock of miniatures, paints, or other accessories, we do have a very large space to play in.

Just let me know, one way or another, what I can do for you. It's why I opened this store in the first place.

Thanks.
Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt
CAG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Not so much a player, but a location for playing.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:06 pm

Do you guys have much terrain to speak of?

I do frequent your store a lot when in school. Buy quite a lot of comics there (well started to last quarter.)

Someone recommended 'Scalped' to me when I was buying up all the Vertigo I could lay my hands on. Really good read Wink

Draw - 2 (The 13th hold out in alpha take and hold)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cincycag.forumotion.com
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Not so much a player, but a location for playing.   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Matt. Vertigo is the balls.

Hopefully you read Fables. By far the best by Vertigo (besides, of course, the two BKV titles--Y the Last Man & Ex Machina)

Make sure you also check out Incognito. Just came out by Ed Brubaker & Sean Phillips. About an ex-super villain in protective custody. The first issue was BAD ASS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Affliction
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Not so much a player, but a location for playing.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:05 am

I wouldn't mind playing in Clifton. Need some tables, terrain <--(this is probably the biggest downfall in Cincy right now**) and depending on location parking.

What is the address to the store, phone Number?

**Really when we get more than 2 games going in any of the stores ,unless Sean is there, terrain is at a premium and the left overs are pretty crappy. I know that Yotta is good at providing terrain because they have a good gaming group that helps them out but for 40k boards they really can only supply 2 maybe light terrrain on the 3rd, and Eric has offered some boards to make some at Sci-Fi. without all the other things board is just one key. I know during a years time I spend enough money on my hobbies and really dont want to put more in to supplying a store with terrain also. Dennis and I already donated 2 boxes at WOHG which was slowly destroyed, what we did salvage from them after it closed was donated to Sci-Fi by way of CJ. Anyway the point I am trying to make is that we all spend enough on the product in the stores without having to supply it with things to play on also.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the stores and the area's they provide us to play, but maybe finding some middle ground for both players and stores in getting better terrain would be nice.

not to derail the topic..Welcome !!!...topic now offically derailed, Cj will be proud Rolling Eyes

If anyone has any suggestions to fix the problem above I would like to hear it so maybe we can work on it. Probably should start a topic in the general section or I will get yelled at by Matt.

40K Stats: ...is dead to me Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Matt
CAG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Not so much a player, but a location for playing.   Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah read all of those Witt, I'll check out Incognito for sure!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Draw - 2 (The 13th hold out in alpha take and hold)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not so much a player, but a location for playing.   Today at 11:45 am

Back to top Go down

Not so much a player, but a location for playing.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1