CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terrain building at Sci-Fi City

Go down 
+6
Matt
Bojesphob
JTPitt
Qoltar
Makari
SciFiCityCincinnati
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

Terrain building at Sci-Fi City Empty
PostSubject: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

All,

On hand, I have:
2 4'x4' sheets of MDF,
a few boards from defective board games,
Some styrophoam of odd shapes (brought in by someone)
Stack of 8"x10" card stock

from my personal stock:
3 of the Pegasus games plastic buildings
assorted wooden blocks, barrels, and such
and a box of who knows what from my grandfathers crafting/carpentry days
what every paints and cans of primer I have

For Food:
having everyone pitch in $5 towards pizza and such is not unreasonable

I'd probably grab a 1 gal. jug of Elmer's and a 5 lb. bag of playground sand for this out of my own pocket.

Any one interested in adding to the list of available supplies?

I'd like this to be a Sat/Sun event if possible that way things can have a whole nights time of drying/curing.

Maybe in February, about the weekend of the 7th?
Back to top Go down
SciFiCityCincinnati
Initiate
Initiate
SciFiCityCincinnati

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm

No opinions or comments?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Sounds awesome just gotta get time to do it now for me!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Actually , there have been comments - just not posted ones.

During my shifts at the store, some of the WARHAMMER 40K players have talked about a terrain making day at the store. They just forgot to post those same kind of comments to this thread.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 pm

That would be great. When it gets finalized let me know and I will come down to do some terrain building.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 am

Yeah, definitely let us know when this is scheduled for, I'd love to help as well, it would just need to fit into my schedule (not that it would be that difficult to, just that every once in a while I've got a lot of stuff planned over the weekend..)
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:45 pm

While I won't be able to attend, everyone should go!

Just remember to build pieces that will actually be used guys. Things that work across multiple missions (and game systems if possible) are best.

As cool as a giant 513 bunker is, it doesn't exactly make the best piece of every game terrain. So try to make the most out of the materials!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 5:17 pm

That bunker is my favorite piece of terrain. I try to use it in every game.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:59 pm

My point is, for normal play its not the greatest piece (even if it does look cool) It works better as a center piece.

Everything it does (block LOS and provide a vantage point) could be done with more playable pieces imo. Such as water towers and smaller buildings (cities of death ruins for example).
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:34 pm

You know what would make a good piece of "terrain " buildomg?

A simple dome in scale with the miniatures that has a communications/radar disch near it. Think of the old classic cheezy STAR TREK episodes. Remember how simple their buildings ;looked? - but were still pseudo-futristic.

Matt has a point. The 25-28mm scale version of quonset huts, barracks or even tool sheds might work for a battle. How about the implied top of a missile silo and the objective is to stop a rocket from launching ? Or gain control of the command shack.?

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
RPF
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 pm

I'd be interested, might even be able to rope the wife into coming since she's more artistic than I am.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Let me know when and I will try to make it to help out. I think all my terain stuff is already there, I dropped it off several months ago. I would like to see some terain that works for 40k and fantasy. Woods, Swamp, Ruins, some buildings, hills, cliffs, etc..
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:20 pm

would love to but a weekday is never good for me.. sorry guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrain building at Sci-Fi City   Terrain building at Sci-Fi City Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrain building at Sci-Fi City
Page 1 of 1