CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marine question

Go down 
+2
Carl_Dillon
Dayth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dayth
Neophyte
Dayth

space - Space Marine question Empty
PostSubject: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Ok here goes i got a question about the orbital bombardment rule. For my list I am going to run Marneus Calgar and Pedro Kantor both have the orbital bombardment rule. I would like to know if it could be used twice since both hq's have this ability and a different character would be using it. The codex states it can be used once per game in his shooting phase. My understanding of "his" is that if a different character has the same ability that he could use it as well if any one could clarify I would greatly appriciate it

I contacted GW about this but havent heard a response in like 3 days

Dustin
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:30 am

I would think you would be able to use it twice. Just like in cases where a vehicle or model is given a weapon that they can only use once. You can still have two vehicles or moelds that can each use thier weapon. Also, the ability to do the orbital bombardment is payed for in the cost of the model and as far as I know theres not a "0-1" restriction (where there can only be one per army) next to the ability.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 8:58 am

You're using Marneas AND Pedro? Isn't that like... nearly 500 points in those two models?

I wanna see this list!
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 am

You also know that you can't use both of their special tactics in the same battle. You have to pick either Calgar's pass or fail at will or Pedros scoring sternguard, not both.
Back to top Go down
Dayth
Neophyte
Dayth

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 3:52 pm

this is just a rough draft without army builder but here goes

HQ
Calgar-265
Kantor-175

Troops
Tac squad-170 flamer, missile launcher
Tac squad w/rhino-235 flamer missile launcher

Elite
Sternguard-130 sergeant has combi plasma
Sternguard w/drop pod-175 sergeant has combi melta
Sternguard w/drop pod-175 sergeant has combi melta

Heavy
Devastator squad-225 lascannonx2 heavy bolter plasma cannon
Preadator-95 heavy bolters on side sponsons plus Hunter killer missile
Thunderfire cannon-100

Total= 1745

I have no idea if this list will work any help would be amazing

I would be using Kantor's rule so that the sternguard squads are scoring units
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 6:50 pm

Would be nice to get those sternguard in some drop pods and get then where you want quick... I'd drop the Thunderfire cannon for at least one unit of sternguard in a pod
Back to top Go down
Dayth
Neophyte
Dayth

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:51 pm

there are 2 sets of sterguard in drop pods read better lol
Back to top Go down
Keith
Sergeant
Sergeant
Keith

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Haha, Yea I overlooked that. (Still gonna lose to the Waaaagh!! though)
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 12:21 am

Marneus is wasted in this list. He has no transport and no retinue. Take regular terminators with Storm Shields and Thunder Hammers. They will be way better.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Dayth
Neophyte
Dayth

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:09 pm

ok stupid question im looking at my codex and Calgar's ability is called God of War and in the description of that it doesnt say anything about choosing that or another models ability. The Kantor description says for his ability Chapter Tactics says exchange combat tactics for stubborn rule and sternguards get to be scoring units. If more than one character in your army has chapter tactics to choose. So I guess my question is does Calgar's God of War count as this or would it only count for him since the other units got switched to stubborn. Damn now im confused
Back to top Go down
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:29 pm

If you take Marneus and Pedro Cantor, all of your space marines will be Stubborn.

They will no longer have Combat Tactics. They can no longer choose to fail morale checks.

Marneus Calgar himself can still choose whether to pass or fail morale checks, but any squad he joins can still break.

Marneus is also Stubborn.

This is the only possible setup. You do not have the choice to take Combat Tactics instead of Stubborn.
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine question   space - Space Marine question Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marine question
Page 1 of 1