CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

President's Day - 16th.

Go down 
+14
Monty
bardechh
Mike Leon
wittdooley
Marc
Dennis
Danny
Crobar
altahara
CJ
Affliction
Bojesphob
onlyinkenya
Keith
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Chad wrote:
Necrons (John G.)

Good sir Gemrich is now taking up Necrons? That's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 am

GAH, I'm missing everythings! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:18 am

Ok... I'll teach Caila to paint and she can teach me how play.

I got a deal on some Necrons from Scav then bolstered the forces with some wraiths, spyders and a monolith.

Speed painted everything but the monolith over a couple nights.

It sucks that all the elites are sold in blisters from a cost perspective.
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Neophyte
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am

looks like monday night is a regular night to be up there so i might make it a regular thing for me. I had a pretty good time. I am starting a Hordes army as well got my Circle starter set ordered already.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 pm

John Gemrich wrote:

Immortals can probably be kitbashed out of Warriors. Find a way to stick two Gauss Flayers together, bulk out the shoulders, there you go.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:41 pm

crap......really hating mondays with work......
Back to top Go down
IrishLegacy
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:39 pm

Quote :
John Gemrich k... I'll teach Caila to paint and she can teach me how play.

I got a deal on some Necrons from Scav then bolstered the forces with some wraiths, spyders and a monolith.

Speed painted everything but the monolith over a couple nights.

I didn't know you were running Spyders and Wraiths you will have to let me know how they work out for you I was thinking about using them:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 am

IrishLegacy wrote:

I didn't know you were running Spyders and Wraiths you will have to let me know how they work out for you I was thinking about using them:)

Wraiths are great in HTH combat. Moving unimpeded 12 inches (or 24 flat out, I believe) is really great. Allows you to stay in full cover until you move, then you can assault. Effectively an 18 inch assault range with no difficult terrain tests needed. Init 6 so most of the time you are going first. A unit of 3 gets 12 dice on assualt IIRC. Pretty stellar. Not sure if they are S5 or S4. You could character hunt with them or attempt to neutralize a hard hitting unit.

Spyders are good for their enhancement to WBB rolls. Toughness 6 and 3 wounds means they are hanging around. They are really suited to hunt tanks and other heavies. In hand to hand, I2 doesn't help a whole lot but I could see the Spyder tying up units of grunts for a couple rounds if the opponent is S4 or less.

The negative on the spyders is that they don't contribute to your Phase out number. So that is 3 less Necrons per spyder. Probably a good trade out though.

Wraiths contribute to your phase out number so you don't really have that issue but the are 2:1 the cost of warriors. Again, you have to have something for them to do. Running headlong into a gun line they will outpace your army and WBB rolls very quickly. I think they are better held in cover (if you can) and counter charge/assault in round2+.

This is my one game opinion...so there may be more thoughts out there surrounding them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President's Day - 16th.   President's Day - 16th. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

President's Day - 16th.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Make a Date!-
Jump to: