CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)

Go down 
+3
wolfman
Affliction
Bojesphob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Empty
PostSubject: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:31 am

I realized something, something very important.... I am insane. I must be. I thought it would take upwards of several weeks to get this going and to a point where I wanted to show what I've done with it, and I was going to take hundreds of pictures so I could show people how it's done. That was before I started working on it. I started this on Thursday night (which is when I got it), and I got really far... I took some pics at the beginning, then my camera's batteries died. Instead of waiting to continue until the batteries charged so I could keep taking pics as I went along, I just continued working. Anyhow, you'll see a jump in the process after a few pics....

Anyhow, I had some issues when I bought it really figuring out the scale of this model. I had seen some pics, but never really any that really showed the size of it.

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) SizeCompare

Anyhow, it all started in a bunch of bags...

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Step1

So, I started on the foot, and man was that a lot of parts!!

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Foot

So, then I started on the rest of the leg, and got pretty far with it...
Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Step2

As you can tell, there is a whole hell of a lot of detail on this thing!!

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Backofleg

About this time, my battery died. I continued working, and actually bought some car primer, and even some car paint to use for painting.

This is where this beast stands now:

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Front

And, yes, that IS a Tau Devilfish that it's standing on! And, it's so balanced with it like that, that the upper part of the body isn't even glued/attached in any manner and is still in place!! Smile I just have to figure out how to connect the foot to the actual tank (so that I can't just take the titan and not the tank), how to attach the top so that I can remove it for transport, and a whole heck of a lot of painting.... Also, the shin guards are not attached yet, and the weapons are not painted, except for the red.

Anyhow, this is what it looks like at a wider angle (and you can see the head in this one as well):

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Wideview

So, the car paint is the red, and I think it gives a really good look to the sections I used it on.... (I have done no detail on this part yet, so the edging is all going to be in gold eventually, and the insides haven't been painted yet either)

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Side

This is a closer view of one of the shin guards:

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Shinguard

And, here is the crew (and, if you notice, there is a servoskull in the cockpit as well Smile )

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Crew

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Crew2

I am still trying to decide what to do with the panels on the legs. I thought about painting them with gore red, but making them more subdued than the car paint red, or doing yellow.... or, even doing just black, edging in gold like the rest of it, and doing some grey highlighting to make it stand out a little bit... But, it will be a while before I get to that point.

Feel free to critique...

Last edited by bojesphob1 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:36 am

Oh, and I'm going to want to weatherize/damage the tau devilfish as well... any inspired thoughts towards how I should do that as well would be appreciated!!
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:39 am

Yeah as far as scale goes those things are beasts. I looked at JG's Titan last weeks and not only is it huge it is heavy. So don't ever drop the pieces near any models while assembling it or you will have plenty of new bitz for your bitz box.
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:35 am

New update.... I still have about 10-15 hours of painting left, not to mention the base.... These are still in progress photos, so there are some mistakes (especially on the weapons and the yellows) that still need to be fixed.

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan2

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan3

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan5

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) TitanCrew
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:17 am

Huh..... no feedback yet, huh?

Oh well.... I was able to do a little more building, and have the upper section completely assembled, and 75% painted. I started out using the resin cabling that was in the kit, but found that to be too much of a pain in the @$$ trying to shape it, so I scavenged some appliance electric cable (left over from when I installed electric for the new stove I bought), and lo and behold, it was exactly the same size as the resin stuff! So, I just glued that in instead, and I actually like it a little more, because it's real cable.

If any of you were wondering what approximately I was going to do with the base, I took some pics of things standing where I'm going to have them

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan6

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan7
Back to top Go down
wolfman
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:38 am

looks killer so far great work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wolfhunters_den
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:52 am

It's big and shooty, now Chaos it up!
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:49 am

*Weeps knowing that devilfish used to be his*

Nice model.. hehe itll draw lots of fire...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:50 am

Very nice. I'm liking it. Are you going to "damage" the Tau vehicle?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 am

Good job man cheers
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks guys Smile I wasn't trying to say that I HAD to have people comment, but it's nice to get feedback on something like this when you spend a lot of time and money on it....

Anyhow, yeah, John, I'm probably going to do something like use a heat gun to melt part of it to make it look like the plasma gun got it, and I'm definitely going to make it look like it crashed in the dirt (kind of like it was going fast then left a rut behind it). Also, I've added the first coat of weathering powder (usually for model trains) that will make it look rusted and worn.

sexiest: if this one goes well and I come by another 400 bucks that I can just throw at this hobby, I'll get the Chaos version Smile

altahara, at least it isn't in a box in my basement like it was before! lol! I think it will really make this one stand out.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 8:47 am

Have been working more on the Titan.....

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Warhound8

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Warhound9

Still have the base to do, and I have a lot of touchup and such on the main body and still the yellow, but figured I'd put up an update to show the legs. I didn't use the car spray paint for the panels on the legs like I did the shin guards and the main body, and I knew it would be a little different, but I think it turned out to come pretty close to matching! It's not metallic, like the spray paint, but the overall color is similar enough that I don't mind...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 am

A couple more pics. Coming along really well Smile I'm in process of beginning the base, and I still have some battle damage for the tau devilfish to do. Also, I need to get some rare earth magnets for the torso, because I want to be able to detach the top from the bottom for transport.

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan10

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:14 am

Looking good. Are you planning to clean up the "yellow and black lining". Any shade of the yellow or highlight of the black?

The bleed through from the taping is buggin' me. It may be a coverage issue with the yellow. Not quite sure. I point this out b/c it is such a huge focal point on the model and needs some "pop" on it.

Overall it's a tremendous project and you are really it justice.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 11:19 pm

actually, John, that's from me trying to cover up the tape difference. I really need to just tape it again, and paint it through by hand to straighten it out. Thankfully, though, I just have the base and that to do on it now, so I'm almost done! Yea!
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:38 pm

I think it looks sweet and I'm very impressed at your speed while tackling that monster. Really liking the car paint panels and I'm excited to see the striping cleaned up.

On a gaming note, plasma blastgun and vulcan mega-bolter? The turbo-laster destructor is by far the best gun for the warhound.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm

The plasma and the megabolter are the only ones you can get for the mars pattern..... The regular one you can get the different arms for, but you can't buy them separately, and you can't get them together for the Mars pattern....

And, I've attempted to clean up the stripes, and even though they are better, I still can't quite seem to get them 100% perfect.... I'm working on the base at the moment, and when I get to a point where I feel that I have something new to post, I'll get some more pictures!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Well, the base didn't turn out quite the way that I had wanted it to..... I wanted it a little more realistic looking, but, alas, reality and idealized don't always mesh.... Don't get me wrong, I like the look of this, but it isn't exactly ideal. So, I still have some longer grass to put in a few places (like around the gun on the devilfish), a little touchup work around the footprint, and windows to put in the cockpit for final visual touches. I have some rare earth magnets on order from ebay for the torso to lock into place (and be removable for transport), and those should be here in a day or two. The stripes look a little off in the pictures, but I think that's my camera more than the actual stripes, as they don't look as hacked up now as they seem to in these pics...

And, as I was attempting to pin the lifted foot to the base, the other leg came out of place (I guess I didn't use enough glue), fell, hit the floor, two toes and a number of pistons broke off. thankfully they all went back together with a little pinning and glue, and didn't even need any touchup paint!

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan12

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan13

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan14

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Titan15
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)   Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhound Titan WIP Journal Updated 3/12 (pic heavy)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: