CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tau Conversions

Go down 
+4
Rhino-182
Marc
Matt
FrostWolf
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CJ
Captain
Captain

Tau Conversions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2007 9:07 pm

so your basically Black and Green and I'm Silver and green?
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 12:07 am

I really can't tell much from that shot.

Check your camera for a macro mode (should be a tulip icon). Or check the manual.

That way the model will be in focus.

Paint job looks clean though, form what I can tell.

Again, the links section has some photography tutorials for you guys, so check 'em out!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 3:32 pm

just no body take my paint scheme (rotting flesh/catchan green, blood red, chainmail drybrush).
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 4:02 pm

So you're finally painting 'em Bruce?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 6:18 pm

well I need to get some green spray paint but yea I suppose I will. Also on the picture I dont have any control on it my dad took the picture
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 6:59 pm

take it yourself next time? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 8:01 pm

digital camera parents are picky about it. Also just copy it and blow it up it a good camera. but besides that what do you think of the hammer? it was the easiest way to attach it and still have a hand that I could thing of
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 pm

I really can't tell from that picture. it could be a piece of sprue glued to the side of his hand as far as I can tell.

Also, why a hammer? The tau aren't exactly known for their close combat abilities, fluff or rules wise.

Perhaps ask your dad for another photo? Or point him in the direction of our photo tutorial links. You'll notice Danny (who is only 16) has managed to get some clean photos up... only takes a small amount of effort.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Hammer's just there because he's won some very supposedly one sided close combats. Including: Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbikes w/ the works, lotsa orks, chaos marines by the handful, many many Space Marines (and more besides, Bruce has full count). Most of the units he beat charged him (not vice versa if you were wondering).
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 3:47 pm

Hmm, so why a hammer still? Did he start carrying a hammer to show he has close combat abilities?

Just saying, just adding a thunder hammer (can't really tell from the picture) to a Tau model doesn't make much sense, and aesthetically it is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:01 pm

Well why a hammer is because I got my hands on a hammer, and also have you tryed copying and pasting the picture and resizing it it should allow you to see details a lot better. And it can make a lot of since on a renagade tau unit
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:36 pm

I have it larger, it's very blurry. The focus is off.

Not sure how much sense it would make with renegade Tau either, just because they leave the empire doesn't mean they learn to fight a different way. A lot of the way they fight is a biological predisposition.

If he is a renegade, why not do something more simple, like add a tally to his suit to count the enemy he has bested in close combat. In my opinion adding close combat weapons to Tau just doesn't fit, both from a fluff and rules perspective.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:39 pm

Have you read the renagade part of the games workshop website? it talks about adding close combat and shileds and stuff(makeing a farsight army) the enomy section of it http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tau/painting/farsight/Default.htm thats the link
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 5:51 pm

matt just got owned....lol
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 6:54 pm

Not exactly, you ever see anyone actually do this? I think you'll find the reason is, it doesn't fit with anything out there. It also means nothing when it comes to the game, you can have all the Close Combat gear you want, but entire firewarrior squads will still get eaten by a couple of marines.
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:23 pm

You don't see anyone do this because they have no vision. No will to break the mold, no matter how much people say they do. And just because there's no rules (or at least showing rules) for close-combat-ish tau does not mean one commander did not go renegade and learn to fight different (think about it).
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:26 pm

matt just got owned again...

I'll toss in another....

RED ORKS!
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 pm

The whole point of adding close combat stuff to suits is not for the benfict which it does not give but for looks. look at how the green(necron gun?) see through rods and how great they look, they add nothing but make them look differnt, which is what I am after I do not want just mold tau i want differnt tau, cool tau, that is the point of conversions isnt it
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:07 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

now if only the bounced up and down....
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:13 pm

Twisted Evil now I just need to find some nice necron glow sticks and I can have some cool looking guns Twisted Evil anyone got any spares by chance I have some crazy ideas I want to try out
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:17 pm

I have a bunch
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 9:21 pm

Cool I have some tau bit you might like and im also looking for the tau drone bits that go on top of it(for the cooler looking guns) but of which will help a ton on my conversions. Ill try to set somthing up with apoc(parents didnt seem to mind) just have to make sure im not working or anything planned Ill let you know on that part of the fourm
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2007 10:43 pm

Fair enough, I'll model how I model, you guys can do what you do Smile

I'll try to stay out of these threads in future. It's obvious we disagree on the level/style of modelling/painting we strive for in our hobby.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 4:36 pm

You are welcome to comment all you want I will not be hurt by it at all. Also anyone have any close comabt weopens that might look good on a crsis suit? taking ideas
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2007 5:43 pm

someone give Matt a hug.....

Matt....we all model different. It's the uniqness in us all. It's what makes us all different. If God wanted to make everyone look like me.....he would have.....but he didn't.....thus the same for our models.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tau Conversions   Tau Conversions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tau Conversions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next