CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 am

So.......I've been inactive for some time, but have been reading the HH novels and they're collectively trying to get me to play in the tournament in May (If I can successfully clear the weekend). And since list-making is free, I figured I'd give it a go.

Vindicator - Siege Shield (This bumps up the front AV to 14 right?)

Whirlwind

2 MM attack bikes

Regular Dread w/ MM and HF in a pod

Ven Dread with AC and HF in pod

11 Blood claws with flamer, PF and PW in a pod with an attached Wolf Priest with PW and apothecary equipment

Wolf Guard Battle Leader and tricked out retinue in a pod and everyone has a runic charm and a wolf pelt.
WGBL - TH&SS,
WG - TDA, AC, PF, Wolf Tail Talisman
WG - TDA, AC, PF,
WG - TDA, SS, TH,
WG - TDA, SS, PF,
This unit is very expensive, but can essentially suck up an entire army's firepower for a turn or two without doing any damage. Every guy is different so you can play games with wound allocation. Everyone has one reroll for armor save and two have 2+/3++ and one 3+/3++ and at worst 2+/5++.

6 Grey Hunters with PW, Flamer and PP in a HB Razorback

6 Grey Hunters with PW, Flamer and PP in a HB Razorback

Thoughts? And does anyone own extra of any of these vehicles that might be able to be conscripted? Going from a no vehicle army (13th Co) to 5th where transports are sweet is tough on the budget. I own enough of the infantry, but I may need some help finding 4 pods, a vindi and whirly and 2 razorbacks.

-JMarv
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Not bad John. Nothing wrong with an "all your eggs" approach for a tourney. Three scoring units should be enough. Love the flamers..

JMarv wrote:
I may need some help finding 4 pods, a vindi and whirly and 2 razorbacks.
..nada on my end but you could bribe Captain Bowel for some rentals.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Monty
Neophyte
Monty

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:59 pm

the siege shield just makes the tank immune to difficult terrain if it moves 6" or less
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:55 am

Thanks Monty, I finally figured that out yesterday I think (don't have a copy of the new marines yet). Seems like most people who take a vindi take the siege shield. I guess its so it can go park itself in terrain without a problem.

Well no one seems to have many comments, how about my other plea. Does anyone have extra vehicles that they are not planning on using for the tourny that I could borrow? Fluff-wise I'm saying that some 13th Co stole a ship and stole vehicles whereever they could, they don't have to match. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:51 am

Here is a way to do drop pods on the cheap: ARTICLE

If all else fails John I'lll buy your 4 other tanks for loan. You would have to assemble them though. Would give me something to paint after the tourney...
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 am

I have 4 drop pods and a slew of Tanks for Marines if you don't mind them being Grey or Imperial Fist colors!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 pm

I certainly do not mind them in other colors.

Is it grey as in unpainted plastic or painted grey?

Either way I don't care, painted gray will actually match my guys Wink.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Unpainted grey unfortunately but lord willing I'll get another painting bug and get them painted properly!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?   1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny? Empty

Back to top Go down

1750 Space Wolf List for the Tourny?
Page 1 of 1