Posts : 1323
Join date : 2007-12-14
Location : West Side!
|Subject: More IG news Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:40 pm|| |
- Quote :
-Is a Special Character Infantry Platoon commander
- Can upgrade the conscript squad in his platoon to allow him to use the order ‘Send in the next wave’ for 75 points.
- ‘Send in the next wave’: The squad is immediately removed and next turn comes from the table edge (like reserves) at full starting strength.
Allows a unit to Fire in the shooting phase and still run.
Instakills on a roll of a 6 in combat
He and his unit are subject to Rage.
Deploys similar to a Callidus Assassin. Has a Demo Charge and always wound on 2+'s in assault. He also retains his Sniper Pistol.
There is a Tank Commander upgrade, called Sergeant (?) Pasc, he gives the tank a BS of 4 and has an additional special ability against tanks and Monsterous Creatures, he costs around 50pts.
- HQ Commanders must order first, then Platoon Commanders, then Squad commanders (if they can)
- Done at the start of the shooting phase. If a unit does any action in the shooting phase before orders are given, they cant benefit from any order
- Vox allows a unit to reroll failed Ld tests for orders
- Company Officer can give 2 orders and may order any squad with a vox or within 12”
- Platoon officers can give 1 order and may order any squad in their platoons with a vox or within 6”
- Some squad leaders can order their own squad (Veterans?)
- Unit must pass a Ld test, Double one means they understand and can take another Order, passed Ld means 1 order, failed Ld means no Order and Double 6 means no Order and unit does nothing this turn.
- A double 6 on a Ld test will prevent any further orders in that turn.
List of Orders:
-Tank!: +1 AP against vehicles (possibly Tank Hunter)
-Fire in ranks: All weapons may fire 1 extra shot (May only be Lasguns)
-Down!: A unit which goes to ground gains an additional +1 Cover Save bonus
- Move!: A unit rolls 2D6 when running and picks the highest
- (HQ Commander only): Bring it down! Twin links weapons shooting at tanks, MC’s etc.
- Rally: Instantly rallies a unit, can be used to lose the downside of using ‘Down!’
-Basic Company Commanders are around 50pts.
-Officers are NO LONGER Independent Characters.
-The new Advisors, Officer of the Fleet, Master of Ordnance and Astropath are around 30pts each, Sanctioned Pyskers are no longer Advisor upgrades.
-Bodyguards are around 15pts and allow you to allocate two wounds which would affect their officer against them instead.
-Medics now give the unit the Feel No Pain USR.
Stormtroopers are 16pts each, you may pick one of three missions, Behind Enemy Lines which grants the USR Move Though Cover, Recon which grants Out Flank or Arial Assualt which gives them a reroll of scatter dice for deep strike and Valkyrie disembarks.
-Sanctioned Psykers - Have a number of powers:
- The Psykers may drop 1 Ld from an enemy unit for every sanctioned psyker alive at the time. - Soulstorm is range:36 SX AP:d6 Heavy1, Blast. Gains +1 Strength per psyker in the unit.
- Comes as a Sanctioned Psyker unit, of 4-9 Psykers and a Commissar Handler.
-The Pysker Chior starts at around 60pts for an Overseer and 4 Pyskers.
- On any perils of the warp the Commissar will shoot D3 Psykers.
-Infantry Platoons consist of, Command Section, 2-5 Infantry Squads, 0-5 Heavy Weapons Squads, 0-3 Special Weapons Squads, 0-1 Conscript Platoons
-The 2-5 Infantry Squads can be marged into a single unit.
-Infantry Squad come in at 50pts, weapons options come in at 5pts for Mortars, 10pts for Heavy Bolters and Autocannon, 15pts for Missile Launchers, 20pts for Lascannon, 5pts for Grenade Launchers and Flamers, 10pts for Meltaguns and 15pts for Plasma Guns.
-Heavy Weapons Squads start at 60pts with 3 Mortars, and each weapon can be upgraded as follows, 5pts for Heavy Bolters and Autocannon, 10pts for Missile Launchers, 15pts for Lascannon.
-Special Weapons Squads are able to take 3 Demo Charges.
-Conscripts are Lasgun only units.
-Commissars come in at about 35pts basic.
-Veterans Squads may take Carapace.
- Fast Tanks Squadron:
- You may choose any of the following tanks in a 1-3 tank squadron.
- Hellhound: 130 pts. Tank, fast. You can change the heavy bolter by a flamer for free or by a multi-melta by 15 pts. Extra armour 15 pts, searchlight 1 pts, heavy stubborn 10 pts, hunter-killer missile 10 pts, dozer blade 10 pts.
- Banewolf: 130 pts. Tank, fast. You can change the heavy bolter by a flamer for free or by a multi-melta by 15 pts. Extra armour 15 pts, searchlight 1 pts, heavy stubborn 10 pts, hunter-killer missile 10 pts, dozer blade 10 pts.
- Devil Dog: 120 pts. Tank, fast. You can change the heavy bolter by a flamer for free or by a multi-melta by 15 pts. Extra armour 15 pts, searchlight 1 pts, heavy stubborn 10 pts, hunter-killer missile 10 pts, dozer blade 10 pts.
The entire squadron can buy smoke launchers for 5 pts/mini or camo-netting for 20 pts/mini.
- Sentinel Squadron:
- Scout Sentinel: 35 pts, open-topped, scouts, move through cover, multilaser. Auto-cannon 5 pts, heavy flamer 5 pts, missile launcher 10 pts, laser cannon 15 pts. Searchlight 1 pt, hunter-killer missile 10 pts, the entire squadron can buy smoke launcher for 5 pts/mini and/or camo-netting for 10 pts / mini.
- Valkyrie: 100 pts.. Armour: 12-12-10
Skimmer, fast, scout, may deep strike
Equipment and weapons: extra armour, searchlight, 2 hellstrike missiles, multilaser
Options: change multilaser to laser-cannon +15 pts, change hellstrike missile for 2 multiple rockets pods for +30 pts, heavy bolters for +10 pts.
Can be bought in a 1-3 squadron.
Transport 12 models, they have the “grav chute insertion” (deep strike from the valk)
- Vendetta: 130 pts.. Armour: 12-12-10
Skimmer, fast, scout, may deep strike
Equipment and weapons: extra armour, searchlight, 3 twin-linked las-cannons
Options: change 2 las-cannon for 2 hellfury missiles for free, heavy bolters for +10 pts.
Can be bought in a 1-3 squadron.
Transport 12 models, they have the “grav chute insertion” rule.
Lemas Russ Squadron
Composition:vehicle squadron composed of 1-3 Leman Russ or Leman Russ Demolishers in any combination.
- Leman Russ Battle Tank. 150 pts Hull Heavy Bolter. May change it for a lascannon for 15 pts, may have sponsons with: heavy bolters 20 pts, multi-melta 30 pts, plasma cannons 40 pts.
LR may have Heavy stubborn for 10 pts, dozer blade 10 pts, h-k missile 10 pts, extra armour 15 pts. Entire squadron with camo-netting for 20 pts/model. One of the squadron tanks can be the squadron leader for 50 pts.
Same options for the next tanks:
- Leman Russ Exterminator: 150 pts.
- Leman Russ Vanquiser: 155 pts.
- Leman Russ Eradicator: 160 pts.
- Leman Russ Demolisher: 165 pts.
- Leman Russ Punisher: 180 pts.
- Leman Russ Executioner: 190 pts.
Artillery Squadron, 1-3 models in a squadron. Same options as the LR’s. Can be topped for 15 pts / model, the camo-netting cost 30 pts /model.
- Basilisk: 125 pts.
- Medusa: 135 pts. Can buy siege bombs for 5 pts.
- Colossus: 140 pts.
- Griffon: 75 pts.
- Hydra: 75 pts. Camo-netting cost 20 pts for it.
The following vehicles cannot be bought in a squadron:
- Manticore: 160 pts.
- Deathstrike: 160 pts.
DEFINITELY going to be a hard choice between my Orks and IG for the tourney now.... Sly Marbo, the IG Snikrot?
A tiny portion of humanity turned its back on mankind in the waning days of the last Golden Age. Over one and a half centuries later, the PHR has emerged from the shadows as an unrecognisable civilisation, its people irrevocably changed. They are no longer simple human beings, they are post-humans - cyborgs.
Posts : 1119
Join date : 2007-09-09
Location : lost somewhere in my own mind
|Subject: Re: More IG news Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:34 pm|| |
I like the book which has Sly Marbo in it, now thats a pretty good book(death world or whatever its called). Im going to be torn on how I want to build my Ig, oh well just means more options. I cant wait for them to come out
Posts : 700
Join date : 2007-11-10
Age : 34
Location : West Chester
|Subject: Re: More IG news Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:46 pm|| |
omfg..leman russ Punisher... Heavy 20???? OMG
Posts : 231
Join date : 2008-12-24
|Subject: Re: More IG news Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:19 pm|| |
This looks extremly interesting, and sounds extremly different than the guard i'm used to...
I'm not sure how to feel about this but it will certainly be fun plus alot new models and plastic kits? I'm feeling happy.
|Subject: Re: More IG news || |