CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking About IG

Go down 
+2
wittdooley
Danny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 4:28 pm

Hey guys i have always wanted to start a death korps of krieg armoured company and now that i have found a way to convert krieg i see it in my grasp. So my question to you, for those who have read the rumours, does it look feasable to do a heavy tank army. Me being very into the hobby side of 40k yet not ejoying painting basic troops leads to the fact that i will only do this army if i can have mostly tanks b/c i have little interest in painting many cadians. Well let me know if you think the possiblities look bright. My 18th b-day is comming up so i might know what to get. Haha. Well let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey danny!

are you planning on doing any conversion work on the coats for the cadians? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Danny, it does appear that a tank/APC heavy army is very doable under the new guard codex. Leman Russes are bought in squads of 1-3 for a single FOC selection. Same with Sentinels. Same with Basilisks. Hellhounds+variations are fast attack choices. I also believe that more squads are able to purchase chimeras.
Back to top Go down
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 6:48 pm

That's really cool. Yeah i was just planning to do this:
Thinking About IG Trooper1
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 7:03 pm

SO.... I just can't tell if there is conversion work done. Greenstuffing?
Back to top Go down
Ghazkhull
Neophyte

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 3:24 am

That left arm from the forearm down doesn't look stock. Might be the angle though. If I'm not mistaken, the head is a Pig Iron head swap. Possibly a Steel Legion, but I'm not all that familiar with that line of IG models.

Ghazkhull
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:57 am

Yeah, the heads are Pig Iron. Danny and I were actually discussing this because I want to maybe do some Steel Legion. I can't decide if I want to go through the trouble of greenstuffing jackets on them.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:59 am

I wouldn't bother with the coats.. looks good as is..

Pig Iron are nice. Have a bunch of those "Halo" helmets lying about.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:35 am

Hey Marc... Do you think then I could pull of some Steel Legion using stock Cadians and swapping the heads?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:03 am

What I would do if I were going down your path is to take those PI militia heads, plop them on Bret Men@Arms bodies and use Cadian arms... voila

I believe that would give a distinct, gritty look that fits a propa Dreg Soldier..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG EmptyFri May 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Danny wrote:
Me being very into the hobby side of 40k yet not ejoying painting basic troops leads to the fact that i will only do this army if i can have mostly tanks b/c i have little interest in painting many cadians. Well let me know if you think the possiblities look bright.
Just got the codex but if I am understanding it right you can just field Veteran squads for troop choices and cut down on the number of models you need. So it may be possible to just field your force with 25 men and the rest tracked vehicles. To keep things fluffy make sure they all have transports either Chimeras or Valkaries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thinking About IG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking About IG   Thinking About IG Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking About IG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: