CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White and Yellow space marines?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator
Mike Leon

space - White and Yellow space marines? Empty
PostSubject: White and Yellow space marines?   space - White and Yellow space marines? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 4:22 pm

So the space marine chapters diorama is almost finished. We have three or four more marines to paint and that's it.

Joe and I have both tried to paint a White Scar now, and neither has turned out well. I'm tossing mine in the simple green right now. The Imperial Fist gave us similar difficulties, and Sean complained about the same thing when I talked to him last week.

Joe tried to do it with a black primer and worked his way up to white through grey - I believe. I thought that sounded like a bad idea so I did the opposite and primed white and used thinned black washes to shade the white. It didn't work out any better. His looks really gloppy because there are so many white layers. Mine looks like a muddy mess because the wash I used didn't adhere to the white properly.

My next attempt will be with a straight black wash (completely undiluted). Some guy on youtube got great results that way.

Does anybody have any tips for painting white or yellow space marines?
Back to top Go down
http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

space - White and Yellow space marines? Empty
PostSubject: Re: White and Yellow space marines?   space - White and Yellow space marines? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/

White and Yellow space marines?
Page 1 of 1