CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conversion Corner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 7:43 am

ok so.. i have come to realize that there are some of us who are basic model assemblers.. we take the plastic and glue them together the way they are supposed to be.. no changes.. no conversions..

then there are the basic converter.. swapping out heads arms legs.. basics..

the moderate converter.. We cut paste and some green stuff (Or other putty) to make it look like we want it too look like..

then theres the uber converter: those people who use green stuff to a max and make it look almost nothing like the box but it looks amazing..

I figured we could have this post tohelp discuss the differences in the 3 levels.. and how to help us go from one level to the other.. like those who want to try green stuff or to go even more into green stuff..

I know myself would love to be able to green stuff even better than what i do..
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 am

ok... so i must have been very tired when posting this and not... explained myself... I was hoping this could be a place where people could get ideas/help/or just BS about conversions...
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 am

Hey... when I read this I was at work and didn't have a chance to response. I don't have the skills with Green Stuff to be able to make anything more than gap filler with it, really, so most of my conversion stuff is mainly bits from other things. I think you have to have some sculpting skills to be able to use the GS, and I absolutely do not have those skills.....
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:42 am

i myself dont use GS at all.. and i feel the same way.. i was hoping for someone who is good tohelp give ideas etc...
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 am

there is stuff I want to do with green stuff but I have never done it mostly do to the fact I would probably mess it up
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:36 am

Don't leave out the Mad scientist coverter. Ususallt playing Orks Nids and chaos. Often time switching parts adding parts from fantasy or adding scratch bits to create a true monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conversion Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conversion Corner   Conversion Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Conversion Corner
Page 1 of 1