CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy bolter or Autocannon?

Go down 
5 posters

Which one?
Heavy bolter
Heavy bolter or Autocannon? I_vote_lcap21%Heavy bolter or Autocannon? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Autocannon
Heavy bolter or Autocannon? I_vote_lcap79%Heavy bolter or Autocannon? I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

Heavy bolter or Autocannon? Empty
PostSubject: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:38 am

Ok so here the deal... im going back and forth on this.. which is better? same points.. but advantages and disadvantages to both.. Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 am

I go with autocannon..... hasn't really done much for me, but neither has the heavy bolter when I've used it, so I went with what I use the most.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

Two have very different roles.. what do you need to do? Hunt enemy APCs? Bottleneck some Orks? Brush wounds off of Monsterous Creatures?

..bring the right weapon for what your army needs and your good cheers
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:49 am

im really looking for the best all around weapon... I have only one choice left for my list... i can take either hbolt or autocannon... and i need both.. i need trop killin and tank hinting...
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:04 pm

By and large, I prefer heavy bolters. They're useful against just about any infantry, and will wound T3 models on a 2+ just like autocannons. Autocannons have a bit more specialized role against light vehicles and lightly armored Monstrous Creatures, if your enemy isn't packing such targets the lower rate of fire will hurt you.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:16 pm

What I'v always done in this situation is take two examples of common targets I expect to be shooting at, thats usually a space marine stat line and like a orc stat line and simply compare the numbers needed to achieve wounds.

I haven't played in a while so I can't give you examples but I have always looked at different choices in the game by the numbers, after all thats what its actually about.

So you just average the dice rolls needed to achieve a wound, the gun with the lowest total wins, of course you have to account for multiple shots but thats pretty easy.

My point is you should try looking at the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy bolter or Autocannon?   Heavy bolter or Autocannon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heavy bolter or Autocannon?
Page 1 of 1