CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valkyrie Construction Issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

Valkyrie Construction Issues Empty
PostSubject: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:18 am

So...I built one of my spanking new Valkyries--and holy shit what an endeavor-- and I have two issues with it thus far:

1. There seem to be two pieces that I just could not, for the life of me, find ANYWHERE on the sprue. They're little pieces that, per instructions, look like they're supposed to go inside or at the bottom of the tail pieces on either side. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but peculiar nonetheless.

2. This is a bigger deal... The plastic stand doesn't fit inside the mounting bracket that you attach to the bottom of the model. Or at least mine doesn't. Or maybe I attached it wrong? I don't think I did but the top portion isn't thin enough to slide in the cross-shaped slot.

Anyone else have these issues?
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:19 am

The stand piece hasn't fit in mine either so I did a little filing and voila!!!
took awhile to put together still got 2 more to go now...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:08 pm

I had no issues except the stand. That is complete bunk. doesn't fit. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Okay, glad it isn't just me. I really don't know what these two pieces are... It doesn't seem to affect anything. I think GW needs to do some replacement stands for people, because its really irritating.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:50 am

Hey, Witt, if you look at the GW site, they have a link that has the assembly for the Valkyrie, and it doesn't have the little bits that are supposed to go on the bottoms of the wing things, like it says in the box directions. I think they took the piece and just molded it onto the assembly... Now, my odd observation is they give you two gun crew, and show that they both get 2 shoulder pads, but my kit only had one set of shoulder pads.... weird.

Oh, and the stand, as Sean mentioned, it just took a little filing to get mine in, not really all that much work. It stands real nice now Smile

I've got mine about 20% painted, mostly the pilots, gun crew, and the beginnings of the interior.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:55 am

Did you sand the clear plastic stand, or did you trim the grey plastic mounting bracket?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:57 am

As a side note...I really hate these instructions. A lot. The ones in the box don't even mention the gunners...I actually just assumed they were pilots (similar to the commanders that come with the Baneblade).

In addition, I'm irritated that there was no mention of the two little pieces I looked for nearly an hour. Just slip a piece of paper in there.

Oh yeah, I'm also irritated that they didn't do a new transfer sheet. Hey GW....give us some nose art or something, not just a reused tank sheet.

I still love GW...but I was a little miffed.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 11:13 am

I trimmed the edges of the grey plastic using an exacto knife, mainly because I didn't want to compromise the integrity of the clear plastic (not that it would make much of a difference, but I'd rather mess with the grey plastic).

I agree with you on the instructions, though. I looked for those same pieces for a while and then just gave up and continued without them.

Oh, and by the way, BoLS came out with a transfer sheet thingy:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/05/valkyrie-logo-sheet.html

Some cool things on it Smile
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm thinking about finding some custom 40s style pin up art to put on the nose of one of mine. I think I'm gonna have some fun with these models.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:45 pm

I've got my cockpit detailed out and base coated the Valk with the airbrush this morning. Still deciding if I want to go camo or not.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:37 pm

I am enlisting a great artisit to enhance the front and sides of my Valks with pin ups and Teeth!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Mine is going to match the Inquisition theme that I'm working on Smile Red and sepia dull metal color! Don't know about designs on it or anything yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

makari wrote:
I am enlisting a great artisit to enhance the front and sides of my Valks with pin ups and Teeth!!!!

I'm just downloading from here.... a little bit of photoshop and some decal paper.

http://www.bawidamann.com/
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyWed May 06, 2009 9:39 am

Well.... Here's my Vendetta so far:
Valkyrie Construction Issues Vendetta

Valkyrie Construction Issues Vendetta2

I just realized that the pics I took don't show the second of the twin linked lascannons around the cabin. Also, back tail wings aren't painted yet (going to do the aged pewter look on those as well), and the cockpit guys need touchup, the interior needs painted, and the canopy bars need painted still.... And any labels need to be added.

Oh, and I went into UU&A last night, and Kendall said he was down to one of these left! He said he started off with 20!! GW is probably cleaning up with that model...
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:58 am

Which makes me hope that they'll run with it and release a plastic T-Hawk. Prayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:10 pm

doesn't hurt sales tha you can take them in squads of 3.

I should be finished in the next day or so on mine. Weathering is up next.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:58 pm

..damn those models look bulky Shocked

Anyone able to place a pic with a Guardsman model alongside to show scale?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:32 pm

here you go, Marc.... Sorry, but I had to use my point and shoot camera instead of the SLR, so it's not that good of a pic.... but it does show the scale pretty well.

Valkyrie Construction Issues DSC00695
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Construction Issues   Valkyrie Construction Issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Valkyrie Construction Issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: