CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible Empty
PostSubject: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:24 am

Okay , the new movie opened this past Thursday the 7th.

This is the thread wehere those of us who have seen it can chat and discuss it.

If you haven't see it - STOP READING NOW ....and go see it.

My reaction?

LOVED IT

More details to follow soon......

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:53 am

Spock is down with the swirl....I can dig IT!

Kirk gets his butt handed to him a lot.

I want a mining ship of doom!

Great acting!

I give it 9 out of 10 Mark of Chaos cheers
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:42 am

Sexiest_hero wrote:
Spock is down with the swirl....I can dig IT!

"Down with the Swirl "??

Oh, you mean he got Uhura.

Yeah that part was cool.
There are all sorts of subtle hints on the Original Series that Spock thought she was interesting and attractive.

Been playing Star Trek: TOS DVDs quite a bit during my shifts at the store recently.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Carl_Dillon
Forum Moderator
Carl_Dillon

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:11 am

I was wondering if they were going to acknowledge that that Kirk wasnt the first captain. But that Pike ended up in the wheelchair at the end was about as perfect as it gets. Though a big red button on it would have been pretty damn funny.
Oh, when they did the high altitude jump onto the drill, how many people saw the guy in red and knew he was about to die a grizzly death. LOL
Back to top Go down
jpohagan
Neophyte
jpohagan

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:48 pm

My only complaint (albeit a small one) is that I don't think Leonard Nimoy should have given the, "Space, the final frontier..." line at the end of the movie. Yeah, it was nice seeing him again, and he fit into the plot of the story, but I think the line at the end should have gone to Chris Pine or Zachary Quinto. It is their series now after all.
Also, hearing the old theme get the orchestra treatment was really nice. The rest of the movie surpassed all of my expectations. cheers

Also, if you haven't this video from the Onion yet, prepare to laugh really hard. http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film
Back to top Go down
The Madman
Sergeant
Sergeant
The Madman

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:29 am

The actor who played McCoy I thought was FRikkin' Brilliant and stole all his sceens!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cincyrec.org
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:57 am

The Madman wrote:
The actor who played McCoy I thought was FRikkin' Brilliant and stole all his sceens!

As well he should.

Anyomne thats stopped in the store recently while I've been playing the enhanced DVDs know that DeForrest Keeley could often dominate a scene like that .

Karl Urban did a great job.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible   STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible Empty

Back to top Go down

STAR TREK (new one) *SPOILERS* possible
Page 1 of 1