CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc Empty
PostSubject: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:17 am

Summer has slowed the store work.... may be taking the 23rd off if Nick has the same weekend free. Should know by Monday.

Back when the Tau codex was still somewhat new and several IG codexes ago we threw down a 10k game. Sure it was a kitchen table and things were a little tight, it just meant quicker dying. I lost 45+ (or was it 50+?) guardsmen to Tau fire his first turn, it was only my first rank.

At any rate with some of the changes it looks like the rifleman platoon may have gotten some new life. So looking at bringing out Alpha, Baker, and Charlie Platoons again.

To speed things up we would probably deploy on the long table edges on one & half or two tables. Hauling down some terrain probably swamp lands to one table end. Hills and semi open in the middle and a bunch of city fight terrain at the other extreme. Maybe the city fight terrain in the middle.

Presuming this get's off it will probably be my Space Nazis (kept ever clean of Rattlings and Ogryn) against those dirty filthy alien Tau (Nick) and sexually confused Eldar (Rob).

Victory would be another glory for my regiment. Defeat not so bad either since they are Space Nazis after all and deserve to all die.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptyWed May 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Hey Rob, reply to this if you are showing up or not. Otherwise not driving down seeing that we can play 40K up here and use less gas and time.

Apparently Apoc isn't needed, the new IG books unit structure will suffice.

Since there was no posted interest with Yotta Nick and I will be going down to Scifi City seeing it is 20 minutes closer. Got my hands on a car for Sat.

1pm? I am going into work early and the summer workload is very light. So leaving Oxford by noon is possible if my stuff is packed the night before and Nick leaves his stuff by the front door.

Terrain, how about a single table. Deployment on long edges, jungle terrain along one short table end (1/4 to 1/3 of the table area). Center empty or some hills. City terrain along the opposite short table edge (same area as Jungle). Maybe shift the city stuff over towards the center by a foot.

Rob, I have packed my Eldar Codex in case you need it.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:01 pm

I may show up to watch and hangout... I highly doubt I'll have any useful amount of models painted then.

I refuse to use unpainted models. Smile

I'll probably just sit there reading my new codex and asking questions at just the right time to confuse people during their turn.

Hah.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Okay I have strong reason to believe Rob is showing up. So going down. But bringing Monster Apoc just in case. Since things are a bit iffy not lugging down the piles of mini's. Just a box and a case or two.

Eric got the PM. So if anyone shows up at Scifi they can watch or try it out with us.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Neophyte
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:14 pm

sorry, what time is the party getting started?
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:50 am

Willanybody be playing fantasy?
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:30 am

Nick (in oxford) plays dwarves, Rob has Woodelves, and I have some WFB Undead. Didn't plan on bringing any of it today.

Also even though I came in early no one here is ready. this is stupid. So rather than clocking out at 11:30AM and getting ready I'm stuck waiting on other people. I WILL be at the store by 3:00pm. Right now hoping to make it by 2:00pm. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:44 am

Yeah my pet bird just went to the big nest in the sky so i'm dragging a little bit behind myself.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:55 pm

I was there today, two guys playing, plus 3 of us making snyde remarks from the wings.

Ultra Marines VS Tau

Marines won.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc   SciFi - Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc Empty

Back to top Go down

Saturday May 23rd, Scifi or Yotta, 40K Apoc
Page 1 of 1