A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Sun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey guys and girls,

I got a card for CAG from a guy at Up Up and Away this weekend.

I wanted to see about the possibility of getting BACK into WH40K. You see I used to be a HUGE gamer back in the days of the original Rogue Trader rules. I was primarily a Space Ork player and was big into mods and scratch builds. Part of the reason I got into WH40K was for the model building and painting.

I used to be a very good painter, I peddled my painted figs at game conventions and painted custom work for other gamers, eventually I had become a judge for my local con's miniature and diorama competition.

But when GW started getting out of hand with the rules revisions I stopped playing. Back when they first released "2nd edition" they really pissed me off, cause I had JUST bought a brand new book for the original rules set, a book that had JUST been released, then 2 months later out came the 2nd edition rules which made the brand new RT book I had just bought obsolete.

Then many years later I tried to get back into it and bought what I think was a 3rd edition set, with a new rule book, a marine army, a marine vehicle and a dark eldar army. But for some reason I never actually played. I think it was because I had lost a job and had to move.

Anyway.. now, several years later, I want to try getting into WH40K again. I don't know if I still have my painting skills, but I'll give it a shot.

Anywhoo,

So yeah, My name is Caelyn... and even though my name doesn't look like it.. I'm a guy... heh... I'm 38 years old and married and I work at University of Cincinnati.

I'm going to look around the forum a bit and see what's what.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Scav
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Sun May 17, 2009 3:51 pm

hey welcome to the forums!

i am actually a student at the university of cincinnati - college of daap (architecture major)

CAG is THE place to find out more about the local gaming community!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Sun May 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Scav wrote:
hey welcome to the forums!

i am actually a student at the university of cincinnati - college of daap (architecture major)

CAG is THE place to find out more about the local gaming community!

Hey Scav, thanks for the reply.

I have a friend who's an artist in DAAP, she's graduating this summer. I work on East Campus though.

Here is a picture of me in back of our Condo:

I can't seem to find any of my photos of my WH40K figs, but here is one of my old Battle Tech figs (Bear in mind this one was painted in 1993):

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Sun May 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello and welcome! My oldest brother works at UC also. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Sun May 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Welcome to the boards man!!!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Matt
CAG Founder

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Mon May 18, 2009 1:27 am

Welcome aboard!

Draw - 2 (The 13th hold out in alpha take and hold)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cincycag.forumotion.com
guynamedFleck
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thorgrim
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Mon May 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Welcome. I joined CAG about a month ago and have met some really cool people. Check out the Make a Date section if you ever feel like meeting some people to play at one of the local shops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.   Today at 12:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Halloo, my name is Inigo Mento.... umm I mean hi.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1