CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

shooting question....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

shooting question.... Empty
PostSubject: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:18 pm

ok.. so heres the situation..

a squad of guys.. one plasma gun one lascannon lots of bolters and a vet with combi plasma.. they decide to shoot at a tank..

can you:
1.) shoot the lascannon see the result, shoot the plasma gun see the result, then shoot the combi plasma... that way you dont waste it if the las or plasma kills the tank.. since you pick the squad shooting, pick the unit.. then roll for the weapons individually..

or

2.) do you have to declare that the combi plasma is shooting before you roll dice... that way no matter what happens you have either used it or not used it?

it is an interesting question...
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Hmmm.... In 4th you had to shoot all at once. I'm not seeing anything changing that now. But I might be overlooking it.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyTue May 26, 2009 3:48 pm

pg. 16 under " Which models can fire"

A player may choose not to fire certain weapons if he prefers (as some models may have one shot weapons for example). This must be declared before checking range, as all models in the unit fire at the same time.

Also check pg 18 under "Fast rolling with different weapons"
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:28 am

And there you have it. That BRB is an amazing thing scratch
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:35 am

yea... Lupusghost asked me that at work... and i didnt have an answer.. and since my BRB is packed... couldnt consult it... Thanks all
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm

On the internet at work! shame on you Smile
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... EmptyWed May 27, 2009 1:41 pm

That's one of the reasons why I don't like the squad firing stuff in the post Rogue Trader world. To unrealistic in combat. Why on earth would an entire unit fire at the same target all at once?

I do understand the reasons for it though, I mean GW wanted people to buy more models, but 40K under rogue trader (which allowed model to model targeting) with more models would have taken for freaking ever...
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shooting question....   shooting question.... Empty

Back to top Go down

shooting question....
Page 1 of 1