CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Space Marine Scout Heavy choice

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thorgrim
Neophyte
thorgrim

space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice Empty
PostSubject: Space Marine Scout Heavy choice   space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

What do you guys suggest, missile launcher or heavy bolter for a scout?

I’m thinking of having a five-man scout squad with heavy weapons. Four with sniper rifles and one with either a missile launcher or a heavy bolter. The missile launcher has a greater range and the versatility of frag and krak missiles. The heavy bolter would give me 3 shots with normal rounds and one with a hellfire round which would wound on a 2+, if I’m not mistaken.

FYI, I had four metal scouts with sniper rifles before the new plastic set came out.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Scout Heavy choice   space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Personally.. Im a fan of the missile launcher.. gives you tank busting ability... except the land raider and monoliths... and ap on marines..

and with the rending on sniper rifles.. makes it better... Id also suggest get telleion.. he makes a great sgt for them..
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Scout Heavy choice   space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm

The lower BS of the Scouts makes a one-shot weapon such as the missile launcher seem less attractive to me. More importantly, a squad full of snipers will be shooting at a) infantry or b) monstrous creatures., because shooting at a tank would be wasting the snipers' shots. Vs. infantry, the heavy bolter is better hands down. Vs. monstrous creatures, the heavy bolter is about as good as the missile launcher (lower AP, but is almost guaranteed to wound). So my vote is for the heavy bolter.

That said, my suggestion would be not to run scouts at all unless you're fielding a big unit of 10. The lower BS really screws them over.
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Scout Heavy choice   space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 7:59 am

Heavy Bolter.

If you take the telion then a missile launcher is a good idea in a unit of snipers. Throw BS 6 on the missile launcher and let rip!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Scout Heavy choice   space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:06 am

Heavy Bolter!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Marine Scout Heavy choice   space - Space Marine Scout Heavy choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Scout Heavy choice
Page 1 of 1