CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BattlePriest.... my old alter ego.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. Empty
PostSubject: BattlePriest.... my old alter ego.   BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:50 pm

First, I'll warn you. I like to write. So you may find me doing this from time to time around the forum.

The following is a story about my old online and real life pseudonym, alter ego, call sign etc... BattlePriest.

Back in 2001-2002 I got introduced to my first FPS...Unreal Tournament. In those early days I hadn't had much of an online persona other than my old G0thboy persona in the early days of AOL. (That's another story)

I was still a goth in 2001 but I wanted a more fitting name for taking part in online combat. I thought for a few minutes really as I sat there about to sign in to my first FPS server then it came to me. BattlePriest. It came to me from several influences:

1. I was then and am now an ordained minister through the Universal Life Church and the Monestery in Modesta California. http://www.themonastery.org/

2. I was going to be taking part in online "battles"

3. In the past I had been a big time Warhammer 40K player, and the name "BattlePriest" was very reminiscent of that world and I liked the sound of it.

So I typed in my new online name and wen't from there. I spent about 3 months playing plain old vanilla UT until I was introduced to Infiltration, a full mod for UT with the tagline "Infiltration, as real as it gets". For the time it was the most realistic first person shooter out there, by far more realistic than it's primary competitor Counter Strike. I was instantly hooked. After playing around the Infiltration public servers for a while people started to like my play style and skills at the game and I was asked to join a clan by the name of "Pathetic Bastards Clan" or PBC. My name then became [PBC]BattlePriest

I played with PBC in the only Infiltration league that existed called the Infiltration Strategy League in which all the registered clans fought each other in skirmishes to gain property on a fictional world map. I was assigned to be the PBC strategist and trainer and I coordinated and ran the clans practice nights. In the end PBC came in second place out of 8 in the Strategy League with the 2nd most territories at the end of the league, losing our last battle by a hair margin, the one that would have given us the top spot.

Once that league was over much of the PBC clan became interested in a different game, and I wanted to continue with Infiltration so I formed my own clan called the Infiltration Chaplains Corp [ICC] and gathered a few members to form a good squad. Work was beginning on a new and improved strategy league. I volunteered to be the league's admin and was voted into the position by my peers. I re-wrote a good portion of the league rules and re-formed the world map and we were almost ready to go live when the Bush administration first talked of invading Iraq.....

Over the following months through the next year there was a lot of bickering and hateful posting going on in the Infiltration community forums over the politics of the coming real life war. A good portion of the Infiltration community were European, English, German, French, Spanish etc... And a long story short, I lost the support of a lot of the other architects and planners of the new league, and the Infiltration servers began getting more and more sparsely populated. In the end I chose to re-direct my resources to a new hobby.... Airsoft.

I attended my first organized Airsoft event as BattlePriest in the Summer of 2003 dressed like this:

BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. Caelyn_P90_Airsoft

Ironically, even though at the time I lived in Chicago, I got most of my initial information about the game of Airsoft from http://www.airsoftohio.com

Soon I was approached (at Airsoft Ohio Forums) by the owner of http://airsoftforum.com and I joined there. After a few months I was asked to be a Moderator, and eventually was made Administrator of the forum. I, along with a dedicated staff of Moderators helped to build that forum to over 20 thousand members and I became very very into my BattlePriest Airsoft persona and at one point I created this costume, and played in it in an actual game ONCE:

BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. CT_BattlePriest01
BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. CT_BattlePriest02
BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. CT_BattlePriest03
BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. CT_BattlePriest04
BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. CT_BattlePriest05

I was really big into pistols by that time, and ONLY used pistols no matter what the event called for. I was really good at it and formed the Pistol Only Revolution:

http://airsoft.caelyntek.com/articles/POR/PORmain.htm

I also had gotten interested in Practical Pistol Shooting and wrote a Practical Pistol Shooting rules system called TAPSS:

http://airsoft.caelyntek.com/articles/TAPSS/tapss.htm

And after moving to Cincinnati I opened a TAPSS shooting range in Hamilton, OH. Unfortunately I received very little support from the Ohio airsoft community and I had to close it.

That led me to lose faith in the money I had been spending on Airsoft, and I sold every bit of Airsoft gear I owned except for that first one that I bought as a teenager in the 80's.

A year or so went by and I got interested in Warhammr 40K again and rather than use my old school BattlePriest name when I signed up for these forums, I used my new fangled CaelynTek name, since I had been using it for over a year in all my other communications online.

Tonight I came to miss my BattlePriest name, and that's what made me write all this.... that most of you will probably skim... if not ignore entirely.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
brettfncoleman
Neophyte
brettfncoleman

PostSubject: Re: BattlePriest.... my old alter ego.   BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm

you look like a jawa in those picks its awesome..
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: BattlePriest.... my old alter ego.   BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:40 pm

brettfncoleman wrote:
you look like a jawa in those picks its awesome..

Yeah that's what everyone in the airsoft community called me... combat jawa... lol
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BattlePriest.... my old alter ego.   BattlePriest.... my old alter ego. Empty

Back to top Go down

BattlePriest.... my old alter ego.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-
Jump to: