CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Place to Play in Clifton.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

A Place to Play in Clifton. Empty
PostSubject: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm

So I haven't yet seen anyone mention this place in Clifton, I don't know why not. Perhaps none of you knew about it?

Clifton Comics and Games on Jefferson in Clifton.

http://www.cliftoncomics.com/

Here they are on google maps

I live about a block away from this place. They have a pretty good sized game room and several tables to play on.

I've asked the owner about playing 40K there, he said he had tried to get 40Kers to play in the past with little luck for one reason or another. Perhaps he just didn't reach the market well enough.

Well since I live so close, I'll probably be trying to make 40K game dates at this place (once I get my army painted). Hopefully I'll be able to talk some of you into playing there with me.

I'm told by the owner that the days where tables are most available are Monday and Friday nights, and Saturday during the day.

For food choices there's Pizza joint (Adriaticos) within a blocks walk to the store, a Greek place (The Corinthian) and a Caribbean place (Cactus Pear) across the street. Then of course there's the Ludlow shopping neighborhood just a half mile away that has tons of ethnic food.

So... I'm not setting a date right now, just wanted to let you guys know this place exists, in case you didn't know.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Too bad they aren't open later. That is why I love Yottaquest. Open until Midnight on Friday and Saturday.

With 3 kiddos I don't usually get outta the house until 6:30pm or so.
Back to top Go down
Hacksaw
Neophyte
Hacksaw

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 am

I'd be game to play there. Its the closest store to me, besides Comic Book World and that's always hit or miss. Hit me up for a game when you're ready.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 6:23 am

I would consider it, except I don't play 40k, sorry Sad.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 6:39 am

Crobar wrote:
I would consider it, except I don't play 40k, sorry Sad.

yet...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:18 pm

I did offer to buy some space marines, but my offer was way below their value and of course was turned down. From what I read, I lean towards Eldar. They are elves in space, so they go with my Dark Elf/High Elf/Wood Elf fantasy theme Smile.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Crobar wrote:
I did offer to buy some space marines, but my offer was way below their value and of course was turned down. From what I read, I lean towards Eldar. They are elves in space, so they go with my Dark Elf/High Elf/Wood Elf fantasy theme Smile.

Well hey, I do have a whole bunch of space marines for sale. Look in the Market section.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 9:34 am

So I stopped in to Clifton Comics and Games yesterday to take a look at the gaming area.

Well, there aint gonna be any gaming there this summer. They don't air condition the gaming area because the air conditioner in that space is apparently broken, and they don't want to pay to fix it.

There was a time I would put up with just fans while gaming in the summer... but not any more, and especially not with how hot it's been around here this year.

Other than that, the gaming room is HUGE, and they have a lot of big tables to play on. So when the weather cools off it may be a great place to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Place to Play in Clifton.   A Place to Play in Clifton. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Place to Play in Clifton.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: Make a Date!-
Jump to: