CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire count list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 3:04 pm

After reading the suggestions given, I put this list together:

Count Mannfred (1#, 555 Pts)
1 Count Mannfred @ 555 Pts
General; Vampire; Undead
1 Lord of the Dead @ [0] Pts
1 Master of the Black Arts @ [0] Pts
1 Summon Creatures of the Night @ [0] Pts
1 Sword of Unholy Power @ [0] Pts
1 Nightmare @ [0] Pts
1 Book of Arkhan @ [35] Pts
1 Sceptre de Noirot @ [25] Pts
1 1. Dark Hand of Death @ [0] Pts
1 2. Steal Soul @ [0] Pts
1 3. Wind of Death @ [0] Pts
1 4. Walking Death @ [0] Pts
1 5. Doom and Darkness! @ [0] Pts
1 6. Drain Life @ [0] Pts
1 0. Invocation of Nehek @ [0] Pts
1 1. Raise Dead @ [0] Pts
1 2. Vanhel's Danse Macabre @ [0] Pts
1 3. Gaze of Nagash @ [0] Pts
1 4. Curse of Years @ [0] Pts
1 5. Wind of Undeath @ [0] Pts
1 6. Summon Undead Horde @ [0] Pts

Vampire (1#, 195 Pts) Running with Skeleton warriors
1 Vampire @ 195 Pts
Vampire; Hand Weapon; Undead
1 Tomb Blade @ [25] Pts
1 The Flayed Hauberk @ [25] Pts
1 Dark Acolyte @ [30] Pts
1 Summon Creatures of the Night @ [15] Pts

Vampire (1#, 195 Pts) running with Grave guard
1 Vampire @ 195 Pts
1 Walach's Bloody Hauberk @ [45] Pts
1 Avatar of Death (Great Weapon) @ [20] Pts
Great Weapon

Vampire (1#, 190 Pts) Running with Skeleton warriors
1 Vampire @ 190 Pts
1 Blood Drinker @ [40] Pts
1 Avatar of Death (Shield) @ [20] Pts

Squad (1#, 100 Pts)
1 Corpse Cart @ 100 Pts
Unholy Lodestone

Skeleton Warriors (19#, 191 Pts)
18 Skeleton Warriors @ 191 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Undead
1 Skeleton Champion @ [17] Pts
Hand Weapon; Spear; Light Armour; Shield

Crypt Ghouls (20#, 168 Pts)
19 Crypt Ghouls @ 168 Pts
Causes Fear; Poisoned Attacks; Undead
1 Crypt Ghast @ [16] Pts

Fell Bats (3#, 60 Pts)
3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts
Flyer; Undead

Fell Bats (3#, 60 Pts)
3 Fell Bats @ 60 Pts
Flyer; Undead

Skeleton Warriors (19#, 172 Pts)
18 Skeleton Warriors @ 172 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield; Undead
1 Skeleton Champion @ [16] Pts
Hand Weapon; Light Armour; Shield

Grave Guard (19#, 258 Pts)
18 Grave Guard @ 258 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield; Undead
1 Seneschal @ [24] Pts
Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield

Dire Wolves (10#, 90 Pts)
9 Dire Wolves @ 90 Pts
Fast Cavalry; Undead
1 Doom Wolf @ [18] Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2234

Let me know what you Think!

Last edited by Ronniem11 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:05 am

I am not sure how powerful Isabella is, but you are really running a lot of heroes. This is pretty common from people starting with Fantasy from 40K.

You are going to be outnumbered. Which is bad for Vampire counts. Really bad. Your skeletons will be crushed dead quickly, and you cannot count on summoning. With your list here, my Woodies and my chaos both will outnumber you.

I don't think a unit of Blood Knights are going to do enough damage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:39 am

Yea have three summoners was thinking that they could keep armies on the field but I see where you are coming from, maybe drop Izzy and add a couple more troops then try to keep them healed with summons,

good advice Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 2:31 pm

The problem is that magic can be countered. A Tzeentch Daemon list or a High Elf Mage heavy list is going to be able to shut this down.

Khorne and Dwarves as well. In fact, any anti-magic build will shut this down.

Also, Blood knights seem like a ton of points for a slight upgrade from black knights. Any thoughts on taking black knights instead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:34 pm

you can work a list with Blood Knights and high magic, my Ironskin Ogres got totally crushed by such a list, but you have to be very careful how you play it. The problem with VC is they need Vampires on the board to move their troops, that is why they have several troop options that count as vampires. Just something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Ronniem11 wrote:
Necromancer (have a substitute)
Raise Dead
If you want a Necromancer because it would fun then go for it. My opinion is they have gotten even worse than the last book. Necromancers haven't had a good break since the actual Undead Book. The current WFB rule set put the proverbial last nail in the coffin.

Basically to get their spells off you have to peel away one of the two base dice you almost always want your vampire lord to have.

Besides Hero Vampires can be made into better casters with Dark Acolyte and still pull Close Combat duty.
Ronniem11 wrote:
Corpse Cart (have)
Unholy loadstone
If this works out in games 2k and under make some noise. I am interested if their draw on points is worth the loss of more grave guard or fell bats.
Ronniem11 wrote:
Dire wolves (x5) (have 10) 5 for summoning
Doom Wolf
Every force should have a manuverable element and these guys are cheep. When they were "counting" core I took them over skeletons. Now and days my preference is Fell Bats who always (except for rare magic) move 20", have 360 vision, and being infantry get the full 1d6 wounds back when healed. All of those the Dire Wolves don't get, the only thing they have going for them are how much cheeper they are per attack.
Ronniem11 wrote:
Grave Guard (x10) (have)
Seneschal, Standard bearer, musician
The current summon rules have made these guys rock stars. Move over Black Knights. When expanding the force consider getting five more. Sometimes I use the old armored skelletons (which are now wights) to make the breakers. Vital for chopping down those pesky treemen.
Ronniem11 wrote:
Blood Nights (x5) (need)
Kastellan
Standard Bearer, Musician
I have heard in lowerpoints these guys may not be so hot. Frankly don't know. Maybe they kill their value just fine. To bad the loadstone corpse cart can't help summon back two of them with one spell.
Ronniem11 wrote:
Have 20 zombies for summoning need ~40 more
Twenty can be enough. You'll find yourself summonng back Grave Guard and Skeletons most of the time.

A spirit host or two wouldn't hurt on the off chance you get and sucessfully cast Wind of Undeath.
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 6:12 pm

WOW! scratch That is a lot to think about but I love the feed back and all of it actually makes since to me, but yea I see what your saying about the Necro's they only get three spells and at a cost I didn't see any that they get or lore's is it even worth taking with the corpse cart? not sure but I do like the choices that Vampires get by taking forbidden lore you could really mix up the spells.

Thanks guys i will take the advice and throw up revised list on the advice you guys have given!
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Revised the List   Vampire count list EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Go back to the list I revised and see if it looks like a fun list or if there are not enough core troops, I may just have to learn the hard way and put something on the table!

Sorry for all the detail copied and pasted it!
Back to top Go down
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:21 am

Vampire (1#, 195 Pts) Running with Skeleton warriors
1 Vampire @ 195 Pts
1 Tomb Blade @ [25] Pts
1 The Flayed Hauberk @ [25] Pts
1 Summon Creatures of the Night @ [15] Pts

I ran a vamplike that in my skeleton unit saterday, he lasted forever

I'm going to run a twin with the blood drinker stuck in another skele unit. I'd love to give your list a go aginst my vamp list.

I like Necros, they are cheap, and you can get the spell you want. the list looks like a good one to me. I have to revise mines, as well.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Note not saying people should trash their Necromancers. Just making it clear why I don't field them. It may work to one's tatics that a necromancer or one even on a corpse cart may proform great. So to anyone for whom it works, congrats.

The Corpse Cart isn't something I would use in lower opint games. Although kind of torn on it. It augments and supports the army in all kinds of weird ways, yet can't really fight so it draws points. In a large force it would be less of drain. Although maybe in a 1500 point game a corpse cart might help the single hard hitting unit in a major way at some critical time. Just not sure. Normally favor more combat troops over support ones by a large margin. At 2250 points they often enter my lists.

More core.... well I like the skellies save over the ghouls higher toughness. But that's purely prefrence. Also I'll take ten man core squads and then use Lord of Death to get them bigger. Instead beefing up are the ones that have maximum unit sizes like Grave Guard.

Because at the end of the day undead core are still expensive and still more of a meat (bone) shield or distraction rather than serious combat troops. In all my experience since the Undead Book skelletions very rarely kill their point value. Also sometimes they do provide ranks for combat res, just not something to count on.
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Yea you got me thinking Fantasy style, so far as point cost I may arrange my list to for a necro with Corpse Cart or Eliminate the cart all together and put more to the "Hammer" as you say, but really think I just need to get out play fantasy when i get enough for an army!
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Ronniem11 wrote:
but really think I just need to get out play fantasy when i get enough for an army!
Very sage of you. Indeed because there is no teacher like experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire count list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire count list   Vampire count list Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire count list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: