CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie Empty
PostSubject: Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie   Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Overview: Going to break this down as the rules are printed. If someone disagrees then please post page or gw rules errata that states otherwise. Posting this seperate because in a previous post I didn't cite or lay everything out as clearly.

Legal Protections: I am not going to post text word-for-word from the 40K rule book. Any of that information can get the GW legal team to have the ISP to delete the thread or even this forum.

Layout and Dissagreemen
t: Going to post the page numbers and a synopsis of what I understand. If anyone reads it differently please pipe up.

Page 3 Measuring Distances: First paragraph.

So with normal space marines, IG, orcs, and other infantry distances are generally measured from the plastic base and not the model glued to it. Note: with ruins and unit coherency on page 82 being a clearly printed exception.

Page 66 Access Points: First paragraph.

The two inch access range is from the physical hatches/doors/ramps. Not other parts of the hull or down near the treads touching the table.

Page 66&67 Emarking and Disembarking: All text to the section about independent characters.

Models have to be within two inches of an acess point when using said rules.

Page 66&67 Emarking and Disembarking: Both Diagrams

The two inches is shown as a horizontal line at the full two inches from the hatches. Vehicle hatches are not touching the table surface nor are the height of the model bases close to the lowest part of the hatch. The vertical difference is not taken into account by their own example.

Summary: In order to determine the two inch zone for embarking and disembarking measure the two inches flat on the table dirrectly where any acess point would in theory touch if not for treads or flight stand elevating the access point off the table.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie   Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:09 pm

If i'm reading this correctly then I agree 100%

The figure measures 2D here to ------------------------------ here

Not 3D, here to
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Here
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie   Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Dope..... The forum screwed up my 3d example, oh well.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie   Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:26 pm

this might help as an example...

*Valkyrie*____*2inches*______

*Ground*................................*Model base here*

we all agree this is what we should use?

not:
*Valkyrie*
...............\
................\
..................\
...................\*2inches*
.................... \

*Ground* cant deploy..

Just like for skimmers.. noone measures down for skimmers..

*Falcon*[/u]\[u]_______*2inches*__
...............\
.................\
...................\
....................\
......................\*2inches*
*Ground*..........*base*...................*Base*

Theres a bit of a difference here weither you measure straight out or also down.. ive seen no one, including myself, measure down as well when getting off of skimmers.. granted most skimmers are less than 2 inches off the ground.. but still..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie   Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie Empty

Back to top Go down

Embarking/Disembarking from the Valkyrie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Rules Questions & Discussion-
Jump to: