CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? Empty
PostSubject: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:36 pm

So GW doesn't know how to spell the things they made up on their own?

lol!

So on the GW web site, it's spelled Kasrkin.

But on the models that came in the boxed set I just got, on the base rail it says KSARKIN

Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? Ksarkin003

These miniatures were pressed in 2003 according to the date on the other side.

I don't have a copy of any of the older IG codexes or whatever White Dwarf introduced the Ksarkin/kasrkin.... did they spell it differently in print back then? Or did they just mess it up on the models?
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:29 pm

You know, the stamp on the foot almost makes sense! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how you would phonetically say Kasrkin, but Ksarkin makes a lot more sense, with the "Ksar" sounding like "czar."
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 8:19 pm

wittdooley wrote:
You know, the stamp on the foot almost makes sense! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how you would phonetically say Kasrkin, but Ksarkin makes a lot more sense, with the "Ksar" sounding like "czar."

Yeah I think somewhere along the link a GW editor should get a bad performance review.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:03 am

Yeah I like Ksarkin much better.

To answer your question, When the cadians were released in the Eye of terror codex, they included Kasrkin's. Which were new metal models that counted as storm troopers which could be taken as troops.

Also I'v always pronounces it C-ASS-ER-KIN, sorry i'm bad at phoentics.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:48 am

archite666 wrote:

To answer your question, When the cadians were released in the Eye of terror codex, they included Kasrkin's. Which were new metal models that counted as storm troopers which could be taken as troops.

Well I pronounce it as KAS SAR KIN with the emphasis on the SAR.

The miniatures have a lot of flash on them, little strings of metal attached all over them, and they have a few mold lines too, but not too bad. They are very well detailed though. I can't wait to paint them.
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 3:12 am

The way I've heard it pronounced is kaz-er-kin. They're definitely cool models, I've had two boxes for a long time and still haven't painted em.
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 4:26 am

CaelynTek wrote:
archite666 wrote:

Well I pronounce it as KAS SAR KIN with the emphasis on the SAR.

The miniatures have a lot of flash on them, little strings of metal attached all over them, and they have a few mold lines too, but not too bad. They are very well detailed though. I can't wait to paint them.

Yeah thats what I ment, like I said i'm bad at phoentics
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Never noticed that... interesting. Didn't care for them back then but that may have just been the first showcase paintjobs. I think the artist was making them a tad too parade showy rather than the special forces storm troopers from cadia they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?   Ksarkin..... Kasrkin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ksarkin..... Kasrkin?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: