CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainHonkey
Neophyte
CaptainHonkey

In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves Empty
PostSubject: In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves   In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok so ive pretty much got an idea for what im gonna run in my 2000pts Wood Elves list but i cant decide what i should take as a Lord choice.

A Spellweaver would add some real nice magic support

A Highborn would really help in close combat and for panic tests

Treeman Ancient isnt really worth it taking up a Lord and Rare choice

Orion is a beast but he would really messup the Force Chart making glade Guard only Special and no Waywatchers

I dont really wanna make a forest spirit army so Drycha is out

And the Sisters of Twilight are cool but they're to expensive point wise and i think their a little over rated

Any advise would really help me out
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves   In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 am

If you really want magic, consider spending the 600 points for Ariel. I don't always bring a lord choice at 2000pts. When I do, it is always a Highborn or the Sisters( usually on an eagle). Orion can be tough, but he has no armor and can be shot down before he gets into it. He needs a bit of planning to get his points back.
A trick I use sometimes is to bring a Highborn General and buy a unit of Eternal Guard w/ full command lead by the battle standard bearer. They count as core thanks to the general and stubborn because of the BSB. It makes them a solid anchor to allow the dryads to do what they do best, hit the sides and backs of units.
A highborn on a dragon with the Spirit Sword is a monster killing machine.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves   In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 8:42 am

The question is what are you looking to do with your Lord? Each of the Wood Elf lords have a special roll to fill. Are you worried about getting melted in the magic phase and want protection? Get a Lvl 4 wizard. Need some tactical silliness to shock and awe? Run a general on an eagle/hawk. Need a strong center core of the army? General and a unit of E. Guard.

Wood Elves are tough...there are no "give'me" Lords. It's not like other armies that have the obvious selection for lords.

You really really need to analyze your army and see what you are missing. I assume your list is in the other forum section. I'll head over and check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves   In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves Empty

Back to top Go down

In 2000pts what Lord should i run for Wood Elves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer Fantasy :: Fantasy General Discussion-
Jump to: