A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Ok Seriously....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:07 am

Saw this on BoLS and Wow there are some CRAZY people out there especially see his rant at the bottom of the page!!!

Go Here!

New times calls for new Records:
Orcs & goblins (3-1-2)
Empire (0-0-0)
6th Edition
Orks (0-0)
Marines (3-1)
Imperial Guard (0-0)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:26 am

That's messed up I think the worlds violence may be spawning from a few other areas of concern than Warhammer, uh let's see POVERTY maybe? but who knows exactly!

Guy needs to move out of his parents basement and get a life!

no offense to those living in their parents basement What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:16 am

Yep, take space marines, replace it with rap, (or rock and roll in the late 50's) video games, movies,some random religion, or scary minority. It's the same argument. Pretty much there just to scare grand parents and overprotective parents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:55 am

that is by far the most out of line and off the wall interpretation of our GAME ever... he talks about how worshiping a dead guy and being willing to lay your life down etc etc... Religion asks the same thing... OMG GW should sue him for slander.. Im going to forward that to GW and let them know about it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:38 am

The parent site is a conspiracy theory site. I don't think anyone is giving this the light of day. It rallys against gov't control and the "NWO" or new world order.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am

I just can't help but wonder what she has against the Hulkster and the nWo.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:47 pm

She knows that Hollywood hulk hogan was a big lie, as only Mr.Nanny was a "good" movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kibbles_The_Living_WIP
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:51 pm

Oh my god, it all makes sence now!

The reson i have takedn up this hobby wasn't for the painting, to help pass the time one saturday evening, i was actualy involantarily being brainwashed by the almighty child-life-crushing Games Workshop, How could i not see through this, this must be why im joining the army, All those hours painting has lead me to throw away my life!

But im still not going to whine about it on some preaching conspiracy site. that can't find anything better to conspire against, but a wargaming company. i mean, its not like there trying to turn the world against us right ... If thats not brainwashing, what is? =P

Hah, i cant find anywhere to reply to this site. I would have had a feild day. really.

P.s, if you look closley at the first image provided. they have actualy not been 'strong willed' and have clicked on 'Getting started with space marines XD!!!'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:03 pm

It makes you wonder how big his tinfoil (or armadillo) hat is to stuff all that ego under it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:29 pm

is it me or is the last section new? (the rant about people emailing him) Talk about self absorbed and overly full of himself! I mean, you go and insult thousands of people, and not expect a negative response? I know that I don't like having people say that I'm brainwashed (ESPECIALLY when I came into this game when I was an adult, meaning I made an adult decision to play a game which I enjoy). He says " I'm not responsible for you. YOU ARE. " and then proceeds to pretend that he's not responsible for the backlash of what he says. Yes, 40k is over the top with it's death cults and daemons and what not, but it's done that way so that everyone knows it's not real, and not meant to be taken as such. But, apparently he had nothing better to do than to get on the bad side of a bunch of people who have nothing better to do than sit around and paint miniatures! lol

A tiny portion of humanity turned its back on mankind in the waning days of the last Golden Age. Over one and a half centuries later, the PHR has emerged from the shadows as an unrecognisable civilisation, its people irrevocably changed. They are no longer simple human beings, they are post-humans - cyborgs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:27 am

He obviously doesn't understand the concepts of metaphor, caricature, satire or irony. All of which are present in the design and concept of 40K. One can't help but notice it after reading any amount of the fluff involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I just saw this this morning and the original site has been taken down. Only the rant against emailers remains.

The funny part is, I agree with the moron. I don't want six-year-olds playing Warhammer either. They never understand the rules...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 pm

The Mike Leon wrote:
The funny part is, I agree with the moron. I don't want six-year-olds playing Warhammer either. They never understand the rules...

At least it's not so bad down here. The GW store in Novi (and all other GW stores, I assume) make a killing selling to little kids. The store was constantly overwhelmed with hordes of prepubescent teens with their Space Marines, attempting to figure out whether the Shooting or Assault phase comes first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Leon
Forum Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 pm

That amazes me.

I sort of figured the reason that guy's article was so stupid is that there are no children playing Warhammer, hence no PARENTS OF YOUNG CHILDREN to which he should be directing concern. I guess that isn't true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://whowritesthisstuff.net/
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:23 pm

The Mike Leon wrote:
I just saw this this morning and the original site has been taken down. Only the rant against emailers remains.

GW legal team FTW.

Seriously thats the kind of service you get from Milton, Chadwick & Waters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, I'm sure the biggest problem was that the woman ranting about it was using screens from GWs website. Pretty blatantly libelous there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok Seriously....   Today at 6:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Ok Seriously....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: