CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corspe cart question.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexiest_hero
Initiate
Initiate

Corspe cart question. Empty
PostSubject: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 am

If a corpse cart with a Necro joins a unit, does it count as just one model for rank bonus, or the amout of models it displaces like calvary?
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:12 am

the number it displaces. There use to be an example of it in the old book, but I couldn't find it in 7th edition.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:13 am

it's based on unit strength I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:16 am

should be number displaced, the reason I say this is the other unit that is simlar that is used is the bell and it counts for the number it displaces
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:53 pm

FrostWolf wrote:
should be number displaced, the reason I say this is the other unit that is simlar that is used is the bell and it counts for the number it displaces

so Base size increases ranks? Let's say I Have a Lord riding a juggernaut. The juggernaut base size is two horses wide, so when I join the Lord with a unit of Chosen Warriors, he counts for four guys?

Now what about Harry the Hammer? He's on a 40mm base as well. Does he count for four guys as well?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:25 pm

neither of those 2 examples are chariots both the corpse cart and the bell act as chariots, and according to the rules for mounted they count towards rank for how many they displace I do belive, no clue on harry and I would say he doesnt matter since there is really no point when I will fight him
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:30 pm

cool, just trying to make sure I understand all this madness! affraid
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Bruce is correct... well met
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:15 pm

something to remember is that if you are larger than the base size of the unit you join, you get no look-out-sir. There are exceptions in the individual army codexs, but they are rare. Not a big deal unless you fight something with artillary like dwarves or empire, but something to keep in mind. It is why I am modeling Tyrion on a standard cav base instead of the larger one he comes with. His horse no longer counts a monster, GW jusr doesn't want to change the model. At least that is what they told me Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corspe cart question.   Corspe cart question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Corspe cart question.
Page 1 of 1