CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1000pt VC list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 11:13 pm

It was suggested that maybe I should start out playing 1000pts until I learn the game a little better so I took the advice and put together a list!

Vampire: 173
Gen, HW
Nightmare
Dark Acolyte
Flayed Hauberk
Balefire Spike

Necromancer: 105
HW
Nightmare
Nightshroud
Invo of Nehek
Raise Dead

Wight King: 100
HW GW HA Sh
Skeletal Steed

Black knights (x7): 184
Hell knight
HW Lnc HA Sh

Crypt Ghouls (x10): 88
Crypt Ghast

Grave Gaurd (x10): 150
Seneschal
Std B, Mus, HW HA Sh

Skeleton Warriors (x20): 200
Champion
Std B, Mus HW Spr LA Sh

Tried to give myself enough variety to lean different aspects of the army!
Seems like a hard hitting list, have to see what Happens!

Last edited by Ronniem11 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 pm

Ok I know Marc is not going to comment on my army because I made sure to use the abbreviations this time, But what about you VC guys out there?

I can only think of three reasons:

one: it is an awesome army as it stands....

two: it is sooo bad that no one wants touch it and just sits back and laughs....

three: nobody loves me and could care less about what I bring to the table... Crying or Very sad

HaHa! NO Really!
What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:40 pm

I dislike ghouls(who have no armour), and nercomancers(who to me are not worth their points) and you spelled wight wrong as well, besides those things the list looks like it will do well
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks Frost!

I like the poison attacks with re-roll wounds but you are right about the no armor and no save at all probably won't last long.

The Necro? hmmm I guess I could add another Vampire if I could Balance out the points. Was going to use him just to spam zombies. But the vampire has summon undead horde which is more to cast but has a better pay off..

See that's what I needed to get the old wheels in my head turning!

Thanks again! Oh, corrected the spelling also Embarassed
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 pm

what you could try is drop the ghouls, drop the skeletons down 5 units add a 15 unit of skeletons and replace the nerco with a vampire giveing the the lord of the dead skill to increse skeletons numbers and maybe drop the black knights down a guy(unless you are fighting brets chances are you wont see another mounted unit) to help with the points. just a few thoughts, I know others seem to like nercos but I have never been a fan but then I tend to make my vamps lvl 2 wizards and give them lord of the dead
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Cool man! Thanks for the advice! I did give my Vamp Dark Acolyte so yea he is lvl 2,(I will fix that) just forgot to mention it haha! and yea definitely Lord of the dead for other Vamp, I will play with my list and see what I come with, maybe make a couple and see if I can get a few games in with them.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Games of 1,000 to 1,500 points can be pretty fun. In the last Vampire Counts book it was the best excuse to try out some force types that would normally get pasted in games where lords and monstrous creatures were the norm.

Magic: It looks like this force splits the difference. Weak magic in the enemy and you’ll have even odds to good that they will go well for you. A strong magical opponent and less than even odds that the magic phase will be less than happy.

General: An in-the-face-hitter. Win or lose the game on the front line, this is the Blood Dragon way. Unless you know flaming attacks are going to be important consider scraping together five more points and trading in the lance for one of the generic Sword of “Name,” my favorite being the Sword of Might.

Necromancer: Not a fan of them. It really comes down to them only being magic level 1 and useless in close combat. Picking Necromancy Spells is really cool and they can still do scroll caddy work, but there is a question if the points are really worth it.

Wight King: Not seeing any magical gear on him. That Sword of Kings is pretty good. or The Black Axe of Krell if you have a tree to chop down.

Black Knights: My guess is both the General and Wight King are going into this unit. In 1k games this should work for all your bloodletting needs. Just be wary of the potential anvil situation and the flank charge that comes from it.

Crypt Ghouls: I don’t use them anymore. They are not bad as a rank and file until but I am with Bruce over getting an armor save. Where they guys would be more useful than Skeletons is their attacks per point. These guys stand to do well against swarms or other armies lowest option core, i.e. zombies, skaven slaves, etc.

Grave Guard: Like this unit. It can work as a anvil or decent hammer. At 1,000 more than ten men would start to stress the points. If they had a very important roll of some sort that would be a different case.

Skeletons: Twenty bone boys will take the hits and hold people. Also agreeing that fifteen should be able to do it too. The only advantage of having two units of fifteen is you are less likely to land in one of these situations where the unit ended up in a bad place. That’s less likely in 1,000 games. Right now they can provide max ranks and are more open ended to having their ranks summoned back, both of which are excellent.

Magic Standards: Has there been any thought to the Banner of the Barrows?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Ronniem11 wrote:
Ok I know Marc is not going to comment on my army because I made sure to use the abbreviations this time.
..or he could just be coming off his three 12s Razz

Take off your 10 little Grave Guard and pick up 6-8 Fell Bats to scare off some warmachine crews, etc. Gunline shooting could easily wreck your army.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:42 pm

haha! Just kidding buddy!

I don't have any fel-bats yet but what about two units of 5 wolves for fast attack?
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 am

wolves die to easy and are a pain to heal, fellbats count as infantry so you can heal more than 1 wound a turn, Id take a look at the varghulf if you can figure out how to fit it in, and rember the varghulf is a vampire so the units near it can march
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh yea I have Varghulf but he can't cast right? I had someone asking me why I didn't cast with him but in the army builder it doesn't list spells!
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:52 pm

He is a vampire that lost his human form because of his bloodlust, so he lost his magic ability also correct?
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Ronniem11 wrote:
I don't have any fel-bats yet
..meh ..just toss out some empty bases and give them a go
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:13 pm

the varghulf is not a vampire charector so no he does not have a magic level, he also is a rare choice and not a hero choice
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:19 am

Oh noooez mafiafran you just necroed this threat. affraid

The setup here was pre-8th ed Warhammer Fantasy. Everything has petty much changed for the Vampire Counts. For example non-mounted necromancer aren't so bad anymore if part of a larger plan, being stuck at magic level 1 and limited by character slots was one heck of ball and chain back in 7th. The hero point pool can make them into affordable magic-support caddies. The vamperic power Forbidden Lore got really sick, there are people taking Ghoul units in Horde formation and using Light Magic on them.

The unit types got altered with a number of nerfs (making Fell Bats half as sexy) and let's not get started on the Black-Coach-Magic-Phase-Sequencing debate that has spawned flame wars elsewhere.

Aside not sure how I feel about OTHER armies raising their dead back to life.... it feels like copy right infringement.

In summation anyone playing Vampire Counts can't necessarily count on the old ways and some serious new thinking is in order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1000pt VC list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000pt VC list   1000pt VC list Empty

Back to top Go down

1000pt VC list
Page 1 of 1