CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) Empty
PostSubject: Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)   SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:54 pm

11 months ago at Gencon I had picked up seven of the scifi Hirst molds.

Last summer my only option was lightweight hydroxal which truly is the crap that every else who has used it says it is. So they got shelved.

A couple weeks ago while passing through ACE they had started to stock Durams Water Putty. Long ago I had used that stuff for some fantasy terrain work so went ahead and tried it out on the molds. The small container was so spot on I went back and bought all six 4 pound drums they had.

After about ten pounds so far things are looking good. Anyone who has seen my style it tends to be dark and dirty. This space ship (hulk) is going to have that same feel.

Right now trying to find good bits for controls or other features, very interested if anyone has anything they'd be willing to sell.

Also GW used to have online rules for quick and dirty space hulk game. "Duex" or something like that. it looks to be gone so if anyone still have those rules I'd be eternally greateful if a copy could go my way.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)   SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Don't know if this would work for you or not, but I have an empty chair for the commander of a warhound titan sitting around. Has controls and wires and such.
Basically, look at the portion in this pic that has the brass on it (with the servo skull and the guy sitting in it). It's the same size, shape, so that it would fit in the same spot, it just doesn't have the skull or the guy sitting in it.

SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) TitanCrew

Let me know if you'd be interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

PostSubject: Re: Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)   SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:34 pm

bojesphob1 wrote:
Let me know if you'd be interested in it.
Oh yeah, solid. Let me know how much or if there are any projects my bitz collection might help with.

Dam that Titian is sexy. How dare you make me want to throw hundreds of dollars over seas! Monster!
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)   SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Well, I couldn't help but buy the Warhound when I got my tax return this year.... I do love the looks of it Smile

Well, I'd take 10 bucks for it, and I'd even throw in the resin cables that I didn't use when I built the warhound. Or, if you've got extra bits for barded horses/Empire Knights sitting around, I'd be willing to trade for those as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)   SciFi - Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Scifi terrain with Hirst Molds (no pics)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: