CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1000 pt Eldar list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 am

Krystal Keep is holding another 1000 pt tourney this Sunday. Missions are awesome for this one with a secret agenda to be passed out to each player each round. Should be very interesting. Anyway I'm bringing Eldar, which will be their competative debut. Here's what I'm bringing and how I'm running them. Feedback greatly appreciated and accepted.

Eldrad
5 fire dragons
6 firedragons w/ exarch-crackshot, wave serpent w/ t.l. bright lances & shuriken cannon
8 dire avengers w/ exarch- dire sword and shuriken pistol, bladestorm
2 units of 3 jetbikes w/ shuriken cannon
Falcon- bright lance, pulse laser, shuriken cannon

996 pts

Eldrad runs with the larger unit of fire dragons in the w-serpent. The other unit in the falcon. Run them side by side for casting psychic powers from Eldrad (guide is only 6 inch range). Cast guide on both units of fire dragons and doom on the target unit. Unload F-dragons and unleash 11 melta shots with reroll to hit and wound. Keep the dire's on an objective. Hide out the jetbikes to jump on objectives at the end of the game. 3 of the 5 missions' primary is to control objectives and 2 are kill points or victory points. Secondary obj's are always the hidden agenda.
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:34 am

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the dire avengers really should have a ride. With only two vehicles in your list and no other targets (Avatar, WL, etc) to take heavy weapons fire, you're going to run into issues with both of your transports being brought down.

The exarch is probably overkill at 1k points as well. Without him, you're running 10 meltas and 2 bright lances at 4 targets, which is plenty.

I'm not very familiar with Eldar point values and options, so I'm sorry that I can't be more specific on where to squeeze points where.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 am

Broken record... don't worry about it. I actually took the advice before to heart, but this is what I have in painted models. I'm trying to put an extra effort into painting this army and don't want to rush a paint job to have the 3 color requirement for this tourney. I'd like to do well for the painting prize.

1000 points really limits as to what you have the points for, in addition to limitations that this perticular tourney has instituted, 1hq, 2 elites, 3 troops, 2 fast, 1 heavy. For the points that dropping the exarch would give (28), I couldn't get anything worth the points other than maybe add a few dires or jetbike. The wave serepents alone are over 100 points without upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:23 am

Okay, I didn't realize there were additional restrictions. I would just suggest to not expect the vehicles to do much - even if you try to hide them, the enemy's AT will probably end up cornering them and bringing them down.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 am

Didn't do too bad for their competative debut. 3 wins, a loss and a draw. I learned from a few mistakes, but very satisfied with how they performed. Ended up using the fire dragons as a unit of 10 with Eldrad in tow in a waveserpent. As much as I hate to admit, I used a viper with a starcannon (10/10/10 vehicle). This enabled me to have everything fast with the wave serpent, falcon, and jetbikes. All in all it gave me a foundation to build from.

As a side note and to my surprise, my Eldar took best painted. Totally stoked about that!
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am

You really do want everything fast if you can - slow elements either don't add much to the main "punch" or get picked off behind.

What was your loss to, and on what scenario, if I may be so curious?
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 am

Round three against Orks. He ran 2- 30 man squads of boyz, 3 warbuggies, 3 kans, & Warboss. Andrew ended up rolling the field with 200 pts out of 200 pts max.

I ended up playing Orks 4 out of 5 games and would have played all Orks if I hadn't said something to the organizer prior to my last game.

Orks took first and second with Imperial Marines taking 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1000 pt Eldar list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Eldar list   1000 pt Eldar list Empty

Back to top Go down

1000 pt Eldar list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k Army Lists and Tactics-
Jump to: