CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaos War Shrine pic heavy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

Chaos War Shrine pic heavy Empty
PostSubject: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:51 pm

Ok this is gonna be my attempt at a war shrine.I know most of you dont reply to these fantasy WIPS but please do as i would like feedback.

Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0006a
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0011a
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0027
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0062
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0016b
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0021

I tried to make it so i could use any mark on it (but khrone)The swirling head in the front is supposed to look like hes being sucked into the shrine.The left hand of the knight will be holding the chains from the mount when i finally glue it all.

Please send feedback before i finish it and prime and paint.Thanks

P>S>I suck at converting
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:56 pm

I like it Smile It will definitely be unique, and unique is AWESOME Smile And, to tell you the truth, I think that the green stuff looks really good. Seriously, I SUCK at green stuff, and wish I was able to make my stuff look like that. Can't wait to see it painted!
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:10 pm

looks like a good start. I dont know exactly what a war shrine is though.... anyway the only thing I would alter are the tentacles. They lack any definition, which on its own is not a bad thing, but they just dont seem to feel right in the scheme of things. Perhaps if you gave them scales...just ideas...but great work so far.
Back to top Go down
Ricter
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:04 am

The rider seems kind of chubby, reminding me of Nurgle. Other than that, it's nice.
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:57 am

Yeah i agree with the chubby rider.Old knights are a little big.I had him left over after i made my unit of 9 and all the new ones are being used for units.He will be repainted so I hope he looks a little better after that.

I think i will add scales or maybe sucsusion cups to the tentacles to give it a more real look.
Thanks for the input.
jeremy
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 am

quickfuze
Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 am
looks like a good start. I dont know exactly what a war shrine is though.... anyway the only thing I would alter are the tentacles. They lack any definition, which on its own is not a bad thing, but they just dont seem to feel right in the scheme of things. Perhaps if you gave them scales...just ideas...but great work so far.

A War Shrine is a new rare choice for Warriors of Chaos.Its not a chariot or creature or monster,but has the stats of a monster and to my opinion is like having a shaggoth but alot cheaper on the points and it gives boosts to units and champions in the army within 12".They dont make a piece for it yet so ppl have to make there own.I think it will be a must in a chaos army just for the extras it adds.
thanks jeremy
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Update   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 9:55 pm

finished the mount and warrior.
just gotta finish adding suction cups and scales to the tentacles.started on them today but didnt finish yet.
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0005b
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0027a
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0026
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0019a
Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0018c

also finished this empire wizard,as thats my main army,just need to base it

Chaos War Shrine pic heavy DCAO0033a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaos War Shrine pic heavy   Chaos War Shrine pic heavy Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaos War Shrine pic heavy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: