CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire Counts 2500

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

Vampire Counts 2500 Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Ok, here is what I've been mucking around with for VC in army builder....

Vampire Lord on Nightmare [430]
Blood Drinker
Walach's Bloody Hauberk
Lord of the Dead
Master of the Black Arts
Invocation of Nehek
Raise Dead
Vanhel's Danse Macabre
Gaze of Nagash
Curse of Years
Wind of Undeath
Summon Undead Horde

Lord of the Barrows [145]
Skeletal Steed with Barding
The Sword of Kings
Dispel Scroll

Vampire [165]
Tomb Blade
Supernatural Horror
Raise Dead
Vanhel's Danse Macabre

Skeleton Warriors 30# (x2) [520]
Mus, Std, Champion, LA, SH

Skeleton Warriors 10# [100]
Mus, Std, Champion, LA, SH

Black Knights 10# (x2) [640]
Hell Knights
Mus, Std, Barding

Grave Guard 20# [305]
Seneschal
Standard of Everlasting Death

Spirit Host [195]

I was thinking about removing the Spirit host, adding more to the 10 skeleton unit and adding a special banner to it. The second vampire will be attached to one of the skeleton units so that it can use the Tomb Sword. Thoughts? I'm not going for 100% strength/fastest, etc, I'm going for my theme of all skeletons with Vampires (which is another reason I'm thinking about taking out the spirit host). Thanks for looking through it!
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 pm

I would lose either the spirit host or the 10 skelies.... honestly what do you intend for that unit to do? Either to bait a charge or park in a corner and contest a corner of the table? either way, the full command becomes a major point sink in that unit and especially the banner which is worth 100 points to your opponent for destroying a very weak unit. i would prob drop the spirit host and maybe even drop 5 skellies off the 30 unit to buff up the 10 skell unit. Just my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:54 am

Is that 2 units of 30 skellies and 2 units of 10 knights?--if so wow thats alot of skeletons.I agree with quick on the spirit host,unless its a converted skeleton host-that would be unique.etheral is awesome--seen it tie up things for whole games..
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:02 am

Sorry, to confuse you, JJM, yes, it's two units of 30 skeletons, and two units of Hell Knights Smile Maybe moving those 10 skeletons into one of the other units of 30 might be good? That would save me some points, and then maybe either increase the spirit host (which, yeah, I don't like the models for, so I'd be doing something unique for them), or add more skeletons to the other unit of 30. Would the two units of, say, 40 skeletons be better, or 4 units of 20? Or two units of 20 and one unit of 40 (with the Vampire with Tomb Blade attached to the larger one)?
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:11 am

def 2 units of 20 and 1 unit of 39 with the vampire--that sword is badass..plus he can bolster your numbers if need be.skeletons are weak but if they keep coming wth can your oponnent do about it lol.I like the theme BTW.How longs it gonna take you to complete this army--like to see it when its done.
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:22 am

I agree here 2 x20 and a bigger unit... put the big unit out there with said nasty and sword of "whoop ass", let him get charged...yada yada you win lose or draw either way you aint runn'n. then counter to the flank with one of the small units of skellies. mmmmm undead tar pit goodness
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 am

Cool, I'll have to build them out that way then.

JJM, I've only got 5 assembled knights (one is a wight lord old metal model, and I have 10 left to assemble, wight lord is painted, 3 of the assembled knights are in process of painting), 10 skeletons painted up, and the two vampire models assembled. I've got a number of skeletons that I'm trading some painting for (40, I think), but when I get those, I'll probably focus on the painting for the trade first so that I can get those back to makari. I also have the Empire General kit coming for the wight king, should be here today, and I just bought 20 more skeletons on ebay yesterday (for 16 bucks free shipping FTW!! Smile ) After that, I still need 6 more knights, the grave guard, enough skeletons to make the ethereals, and then assemble and paint it all up.... probably about 2-3 months is what I'm thinking, probably, maybe a little more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts 2500   Vampire Counts 2500 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire Counts 2500
Page 1 of 1