For those who are interested, ACME Games will be hosting a Warhammer 40k tournament on September 27, 2009 (the day after we have the Fantasy 'ard Boyz tournament).
We have a limited amount of spots, so sign up now. The entry fee will be $15 per person, but all of that will be given back in prizes (either gift certificates or prizes from the shelves).
It will be four rounds of Swiss (2 hour matches) until we finally crown a champion. The schedule is:
9:30 Store Opens
10:00-12:30 Game One
1:30-4:00 Game Two
4:30-7:00 Game Three
7:30-10:00 Game Four
Rules are as follows (and are taken from Adepticon rules, in most cases):
* Armies will consist of 1850 points using a standard force organization chart.
* The Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rules will be used.
* The AdeptiCon INAT FAQ will be used (Updated 03.19.09).
* Forge World/Imperial Armor units are not allowed, however players may still use their Forge World models to represent a unit from their codex.
* Individual units that may have multiple rules versions will follow the rules presented in that army's codex.
* Special/Unique/Named Characters may be fielded, provided their individual rules allow them to be used in armies of 1,850 pts or less.
* The 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) rule is in effect. That means all units must be easily identifiable as the particular codex choice they represent and that any and all weapons/options taken for a unit must be clearly represented on the model(s).
* You must provide access to your own rules (which include the actual Codex used for your army), dice, templates, pen/pencil, calculator, or anything else you'll need during the course of regular play.
* A separate printed army list is required for the judge and must be available to your opponent before the game. Army Builder lists are preferred. The list must be easily understood. Pretend it's for your job or something.
* In order to keep the tournament running on schedule, when time is called for a round, all player's must drop the dice and stop playing - no exceptions. Because of this, please be aware of the time left in the round and do not start a turn you cannot finish. A hard warning will be issued with 15 minutes remaining in the game. NO Game Turn shall be started after this warning is issued, period.
* If illegal units or rules violations are found in a player's list, at a minimum, the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. Tournament points may be deducted and award eligibility may be forfeited.
* Judges' and Officers' rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. ACME Games reserves the right to remove players from the tournament with no refunds allowed.
Scenarios will be used and posted in advance of the tournament on the ACME Games forums (www.acmegames.com).
Everyone will have a chance to see them ahead of time to prepare.
Only the first 14 people will be allowed to enter. Please, no signing up unless you are serious. Last minute cancellations or reserving a slot "just in case" will screw things up for everyone.
Sign up by going to the ACME Forums or emailing me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject "ACME 40K TOURNAMENT"