CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brentonian Warband

Go down 
+5
Marc
Matt
CJ
JMarv
Rhino-182
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyMon Nov 05, 2007 6:37 pm

here is my rough 500 pt. brentonian list for warbands:

Heros-

80-Paladin-hand weapon,heavy armor+shield, lance, barded warhorse, knight's vow

Core Units-

144-6 knights of the relm- hand weapon,heavy armor+shield, lance, barded warhorse, knight's vow, gallant

144-6 knights of the relm- hand weapon,heavy armor+shield, lance, barded warhorse, knight's vow, gallant

72-3 knights of the relm- hand weapon,heavy armor+shield, lance, barded warhorse, knight's vow

30-5 bowmen- hand weapon, longbow, defensive stakes, peasant's duty

30-5 bowmen- hand weapon, longbow, defensive stakes, peasant's duty

total: 500 pts.

advice would be welcome...
Back to top Go down
JMarv
The MathHammer
JMarv

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 am

I would recommend recombining your Knights of the Realm squads. In Fantasy having additional ranks is quite advantageous. You could have a unit of 10 and a unit of 5. Also the unit of 3 will turn and run a little too easily. Another thing is that you have all these expensive knights and you didn't buy them the standard bearer or musician. Fantasy is all about who wins combat. Being that your army is relatively small you will want to be able to break people, pursue and run down 20 spearguys instead of killing them all one by one. That +1 to combat is huge. Also the musician lets you rally easier which you might want to do with small expensive units. You don't want them fleeing off the board. Based on playtesting, you might want to combine your bowmen too. You do lose some flexibility, but keep them from running away as easily. Depends. You'll have to see if that's an important quality or not. Can't comment on your equipment cause I don't have the bret codex.
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 9:25 am

hey guys......not to be a pooper but there is a forum thread for Warhammer......if you guys are going to do warhammer...MATT make a seperate thread.

FOR US GUYS who are not allo...errrr...let me rephrase that...NOT playing Warhammer CURRENTLY...then Iask to keep the games seperate even tho THEY ARE SIMILAR...

ahem...I'm trying to be nice....I already apologized to Matt last night..
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 10:39 am

It's a good idea, I'll create a completely separate section for fantasy.

Keep this discussion going, I'll just move the whole thread later on.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Rhino-182
Initiate
Initiate
Rhino-182

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 3:10 pm

i just did small unit sizes for flexability. i could combined them no problem. as for the standard and music man, if i took them, i would have to forfit a knight or two.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyTue Nov 06, 2007 3:40 pm

Wow. You really do not get alot of models using Brets at the 500pt mark Sad Still.. the Lance formation makes up for that. You may want to make room for your Paladin. Maybe go a unit of 8 w/Pali and a unit of six. Would free up some points.

A musician also breaks any "ties" that may occur when calculating Combat Resolution. I'd hate for you to bounce off of 30 Skaven Slaves just because we had a little bell and you left your horn back at the castle Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyFri Dec 14, 2007 6:56 am

The thing to remember is that if you have at least 5 in a unit of knights, you get a free champion. The lance formation is part of why the Brets have the best cav in the game. Think ab out the bowman, your knights should be engaged on turn 2 at the very latest unless something went very bad. And don't underestimate the Knights errant.
Back to top Go down
Evil Bob
Sergeant
Sergeant
Evil Bob

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Ditto on the Knight Errant. They are beasty for their point cost.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 5:15 pm

You want to lose the bowman for the kinghts, they can kill. I learned that on the reciving end of their charge(poor skaven even when we charged we ran away from the kinghts). Also it is worth forfetting the extra knight for a banner and musician help set you up to win combats thus forcieng us poor morale people to run away(no kidding skaven have to win their combats or they will have a good chance of running)
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
Nathan

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 5:25 pm

We get it, Skaven Ld sucks. Complain under Skaven 500.
Back to top Go down
FrostWolf
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
FrostWolf

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Wasnt compaing was just saying.......aganist skaven the knights are great
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Erm, who necroed this thread?

Ah.... Angry Bob!!!! You are the perpetrator!

This thread is locked, please look at the dates people.
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Brentonian Warband Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brentonian Warband   Brentonian Warband Empty

Back to top Go down

Brentonian Warband
Page 1 of 1