CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz

Alright, ACME Games finally got their hands on a Warhammer Fantasy Ard Boyz ran by yours truly!

Here are the details:

When:
Saturday September 26th, 2009
Where: ACME Games
Start Time: Registration starts at 9:30 AM, with round one starting as close to 10:30 AM as humanly possible.

Details
This is a three round event, over the course of one day. The army lists are open, meaning you must provide a copy to your opponent if asked, as well as a copy turned in to the judges (me and my crew)

Here is what you should bring with you
Your Army
At least five copies of your army list (one for each opponent, yourself, and me)
Rulebook, Army book, and any other books your army needs
Pen and paper
Dice and Templates
Tape Measure
Glue/material for accident cleanup

Army
3000 point list, main armies only. No appendix lists, the only army lists allowed will be outlined later. Mounts, weapons, and upgrades are WYSIWYG. Forge World models can be used for GW model representation. No forge World rules allowed.

Approved Armies
Chaos Daemons
Warriors of Chaos
Beasts of Chaos (without Daemons and Warriors)
Bretonnia
Dwarves
Dark Elves
Empire
High Elves
Lizardmen
Orcs and Goblins
Skaven (current army book will be used, The new army book due out in Sept, will not be legal for this event)
Vampire Counts
Wood Elves
Tomb Kings
Ogre Kingdoms
Chaos Dwarves from Ravening Hordes

There are no points for Sportsmenship or painted armies. However, if you're a dick...I will tell you to leave. You've been warned.

There you go. The biggest, badest event around, coming to ACME Games, September 26th. Feel free to contact me with any questions at kain@ttgamers.com

WAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 2:41 pm

duh stupid questions sorry im new to tournies
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:44 am

I am considering attending this. I don't see a cost to it, I don't carry checks and limit my cash so I want to be sure to have enough for the entry fee. I do have a question though. I am having trouble getting Witch elf command locally and was wondering if I can proxy a wood elves for them. The wardancers look very simular if you don't think about gender. That is the only unit I don't own that I would bring.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:54 am

Ard Boyz Tourneys are free, generally.

Ard boyz are Wysiwyg, if the models are not what they are supposed to be the opponent can have you remove them from the game. If I were you I would at least paint the wood elf command to look like Dark Elves and make sure they are equipped visibly the same for armor and weaponry or else you may have your models removed.
And as stated below there is no sportsmanship score and yes it is not very friendly thing to do but I also believe it is not a dick thing to do to ask you to remove your models (not that I would ask you but rules are rules) so be prepared to remove them if asked.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:23 pm

I probably wont attend then. If you state what a model is representing and make it clear in your army list, then you may not consider it a dick think to do but there are only 2 reasons a person would do that.
1) they fell it is the only way they can win.
2) they are not there to enjoy a good game, they are only there to look at the pretty models.

People should play in the spirit of the game. Painted models make a battlefield look totally awesome, but that is not the core nor the spirit of the game. I encourage people to paint, I think it is great and we have some really talented people around here. Paint does add a level of enjoyment to the game just like good terrain.
Just like baseball and football aren't about the jerseys, Warhammer isn't about the paint. It is about the game itself. The strategies and tactics of building a good list and playing it well against your opponent.
I for one think that everyone should be able to enjoy the game whether they can paint or not without having to pay out sometimes huge fees to get things painted for them. The game is expensive enough as it stands and keeps a lot of people from playing. I want to encourage the growth of the game rather than stiffle it. New people bring new ideas, new personalities and more variety to a gaming group and should be encouraged.
I will say it again. I am in it for the game. I don't care if my opponent has to proxy every model in there army with a base of the right size and a piece of paper taped on it showing what it represents, I want to play. I have played on a dining room table with torn paper labeled what terrian it represented and had a blast. It wasn't pretty, It wasn't as easy to envision my glade guard sending a volley of arrows into the longbeards or my wardancers sneaking through the forest to try to get to the cannon without paint and well done terrian, but it was fun and I encourage anyone who wants to try the game to do so no matter what the battle looks like in real life.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 12:00 am

I think your missing the point...

It is not a dick thing to do in a tournament setting, especially when you will be facing 3 different opponents, and you may not know the army all that well that you are facing. It prevents some people from taking advantage of this which happens from time to time.

When I played up at Krystal keep in the 40K Ard boyz 2 of the 3 opponents did not care that my nobz had big choppas but were supposed to have Power klaws. It sucked but I also knew that going into it that i may not get to use them.

And while yes just for fun i agree you can have a lot of fun proxying but when you are playing in the tournament levels you really should have your army put together enough to not have to proxy.

If this is an issue with you than definitely dont play ard boyz because if you do win this round when you go to the next level there will be less room for error for wysiwyg and you wont get any pity for wanting "to have Fun" which can still very much so be the case just so long as you understand that people are there to win.

But by all means have at ard boyz it is fun! although for the 2nd and 3rd rounds I believe you have to have a fully painted army.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:41 am

I might have to skip it this year then. My son moved out and because I can be a wimp, that has cost me a great deal of money and I doubt I have enough left to pay for painting. By wimp I mean:
"Our son doesn't have any living room furniture, isn't it about time we upgrade, guess we will have to give the old stuff to him"
"He needs entertainment, I have been meaning to get one of the new Xbox 360's with the hdmi port anyway, he can have the old one"
" I think we need new dishes, think he will want the old ones? "

etc., etc.

definately a wimp when it comes to family. About $3000.00 of wimpiness so far Sad. But at least he has stuff Smile.

To answer another thing you said, I thought that was the purpose of having an army list for your opponent even if it goes against the game. Kinda makes all those items that makes your opponent tell you what magic items you have worthless. It does stop people from taking advantage of proxies if they have to show you on there army list where it is. That is assuming that the reason they ask for army lists for the judges is to make sure they are legal. I have never played in an "arh Boyz tourney so I really don't know.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 am

Most of the places I have seen don't require the paint for the first round...

the copy of the list is to help curve the cheating aspect, and trying to remember what is on their list is not something you want to have to keep checking when your time is very limited because of the 2- 2.5 hour? time limit. So it is also for keeping the fluidity of the game going.

I'm sure your be fine as far as getting an army painted in time for round 2 if you make it, besides the Cag fantasy tourney can can help pay for that! lol

And no your not a wimp that is awesome what your doing for your son, i wish i got that kind of a start when i moved out...
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:18 am

I will probably put in an order to The War Store tomorrow and see how much plastic it will melt. If I have to, I may try to sell my War Machine stuff to help pay for it. I would sell my Warlords stuff off, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for it these days.
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 am

Wow I missed a bunch...sorry guys.

Painting is not required for the first Tourney. The second and third stage of the event does require painting (unless something changed and I didn't get the info)

As for the Glade Guard as Witch command, just do some minor conversions and you should be fine. Just tell your opponent what they are before the game starts. Conversions are good as long as they are carrying the same looking stuff of the model they are representing.

cheers
Back to top Go down
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 pm

So is anyone from CAG attending?
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:53 pm

I'd love to attend, but I have a few things working against me for attending this year.... 1: I don't have a 3000 point army yet (working on it Smile ) 2: Don't even have the rule book yet lol 3: Don't know what's going on this weekend 4: Only have one game of Fantasy under my belt in 10 years....

I'll be looking forward to it for next year though!
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I may be there depending on if my figs arive and I have time to put them together. I don't like tourneys much, but the price of admission is great and it gives me the opportunity to play aagainst play I haven't played before Smile.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Saturdays during 7 year old football are not good for me and I'm doing the 40K tourney the next day so it would be real rough for me to do both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th   acme - Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy 'Ard Boyz, ACME Games, September 26th
Page 1 of 1