CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mantic miniatures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 9:20 am

seen this link on another sight-this is a new company starting out with elves-they look ok but the boxes include extras like casualties and other stuff.They will release undead next-then others in the future.
http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Kings-of-War/Elves/War-Host-Detachments/Product/Elves-Hail-of-Arrows-Detachment-20.html

might make for some great conversions,unsure--i preordered a box with elves and a boltthrower so i,ll let you all know.
jeremy
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 12:12 pm

The only thing about minis that come from another company that's not GW affiliated is that like at Adepticon, you wouldn't be able to use those figs as they only allow GW (citadel, marauder, etc).
Back to top Go down
Qoltar
Initiate
Initiate
Qoltar

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 9:58 pm

So?

Not everything playable is GW.

He could make up his own game that uses minis.

We already got one regular that is designing a game.

Hell, I've been thinking for years of running a massive minis combat or skirmish game session but using adapted version of the GURPS combat rules.

-OR-

Trying to use SAVAGE WORLDS combat rules. SavWorlds was originally wriotten as a miniatures skirmish game before it became an RPG.

- Ed C.
Back to top Go down
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Yeah i know that GW in there awesomness(cough cough)dosent allow other minis in there tournies and adep and such,but these wont see a tourney.I just wanna paint something new.If i ever make a high elves army-prolly not-but i might get some cool pieces to make conversions and the casualties pieces were what tempted me into buying these.
Theres a big stink on warseer about GW not allowing other minis in tournies,from this same thread.Just wanted to throw it out there so you all can see it and maybe marc will buy some and sellem on ebay,never know.

cheers guys
jeremy
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 8:31 am

Qoltar wrote:
So?

Not everything playable is GW.

He could make up his own game that uses minis.

We already got one regular that is designing a game.

Hell, I've been thinking for years of running a massive minis combat or skirmish game session but using adapted version of the GURPS combat rules.

-OR-

Trying to use SAVAGE WORLDS combat rules. SavWorlds was originally wriotten as a miniatures skirmish game before it became an RPG.

- Ed C.

Whoa there big fella, I was simply letting him know that if he planned on playing in a tournement environment, that he may have some problems with using these figs.
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:56 pm

Just say they are super conversions or you sculpted it out of green stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
JJM
Neophyte
JJM

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Fenix wrote:
Just say they are super conversions or you sculpted it out of green stuff Smile

Sounds good to me What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mantic miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Re: mantic miniatures   mantic miniatures Empty

Back to top Go down

mantic miniatures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: The open house-