CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws Empty
PostSubject: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 pm

At the painting meetup last week... or whenever that was, I traded some extra slotta bases to bojesphb1 for some lightning claws.

I used some of them to make a Black Reach Terminator with Lightning Claws

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws BR_LC_WIP1

The hardest part was getting the power cable to line up on the left arm. I had to use half of the power cable on the lightning claw, and half the power cable from the black reach shoulder, cut them up a bit and change the connection point on the shoulder pad to make them fit.

I'll be working on this project this week. I'll post updates as I go.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:53 am

Looking cool, Caelyn! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 am

I did up 5 of those myself.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:26 pm

First painting stage complete:

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws BR_LC_WIP2

Basecoat of Vallejo Gore Red on all armor areas. Followed by a 1/1 mix of Baal Red/Badab Black wash over all armor. Followed by a series of quick dry brush steps in the following stages:

Gore Red
1/1 Gore Red/Blood Red
Blood Red
2/1 Blood Red/Fire Orange (Really light)

Unlike the last terminator I painted, I stopped at this last dry brush step because this time, all I wanted was to be able to barely highlight the details without altering the base color too much. All the top end highlighting will be done just with blending and layering.

Next I base coated the chest plate, belt and knee badge with Codex gray.

Then I base coated the skull and cross bones on the left shoulder pad with Vermin Fur.

Then I basecoated the lightning claws and power cables with a really thinned out Skull White... two coats

And that's it for now.... I'll post another update in a couple days. (or tomorrow if my progress is faster than I think)
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Armor Highlighting almost done. I can't decide if I want to throw a red wash over it or leave it.. If I red wash it, I'll have to go through and re-add the top end highlights, and I don't want to have to do that.

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws BR_LC_WIP3

Here is a 3 step comparison:

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws BR_LC_WIP_3steps
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Ohhh... I ended up doing a watered down Baal Red wash over the armor and re-invigorating the highlight with a watered down Fire Orange.

I also washed the grey chest wings and the other grey parts with Badab Black.

And since I had the Baal Red wash out, I went ahead and used it again after doing the armor and added a little bit of old school yellow ink to the red wash...and a little more water to make a thinner orange-ish colored wash.

I used that on the power gloves and lightning claw handles, leaving the blades themselves white... mostly. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with the blades, but the power gloves are going to get the "glowing" treatment like I did on my last terminator power glove, hopefully a little better this time.

I had JUST started going back over the flat spots on the gloves with white when i took a break and took this picture:

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws BR_LC_WIP4
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:21 am

Looking good Exclamation
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:58 pm

New Update.

Haven't worked on it in a while, last night I did the chest eagle, belt, respirator and shoulder skull.

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws WIP_BR_LC003

This was actually the easiest shoulder skull I've ever painted, cause I changed entirely my technique for them. Taking the advice from everyone on thinning out the paint a LOT.

Based with Codex Gray, Washed with Badab Black, Highlighted with thinned Codex Gray, highlighted again with very thin White (Vallejo)

The shoulder pad I did the same way I've done it on the previous termies, but next time I'll probably go with much thinner paint on that as well.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 1:19 pm

Looking good Caelyn Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:06 pm

All I'm saying is from what an improvement in a short period. Look how clean the Aquila looks. Great layering. The skull (a different recipe I think) looks light years ahead of just a couple months ago. Bravo on the NOTICEABLE improvement.

https://cincycag.forumotion.com/gallery-f6/my-space-hulk-mini-s-thread-t3268.htm
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 pm

John Gemrich wrote:
All I'm saying is from what an improvement in a short period. Look how clean the Aquila looks. Great layering. The skull (a different recipe I think) looks light years ahead of just a couple months ago. Bravo on the NOTICEABLE improvement.

https://cincycag.forumotion.com/gallery-f6/my-space-hulk-mini-s-thread-t3268.htm

Thanks John, I'm learning as I go. Smile It seems to me that the majority of my improvement is coming from the lesson of thinning the paint.
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 12:42 am

DONE!

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws BR_LC_Term_Final
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws   Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Reach Termie Conv. with Lightning Claws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Painting, Conversions and Tutorials :: WIP Miniature Painting and Conversions-
Jump to: