CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) Empty
PostSubject: The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)   The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 8:09 am

First Game

Who - Me - Dark Angels ('Ard Boyz list) vs. CJ - Necrons @ 2500 points

My list was

Belial
Sammael
3x5 man terminators squads
2x6 man bike squads
2 attacks bikes
1 landspeeder
2 Land Raider Crusaders

CJ (as best as I can remember)

Lord w/ res orb + VoD
Lord w/ destroyer body
5 Immortals
2x14 warriors (maybe 1 or 2 more, can't remember)
2x5 Destroyers (maybe 1 or 2 more, can't remember)
3 Wraiths
3 Monoliths (yay!)

Mission - The one where you have to capture the middle!

Summary

I deploy refused flank, with CJ deploying spread across the board, with his monoliths mostly on the side with my boys. I scout everything over toward the bulk of his warriors

Turn one I drive up with the bikes, everything else moves behind two different ruins, preventing most LOS. 2 Terminator squads arrive due to DWA (probably brought them in too early in hindsight). I take out the Destroyer squad that is deployed on my flank with massive Assault cannon fire. A few pot shots ring off of the Monoliths.

CJ shoots back, and I begin the bad 2+ save rolling, and quickly begin losing terminators to the damn d6 shooty thing on the monoliths.

Turn two I Drive my bikes into assault range, 1 for each warrior squad, Terminators truck on through the gaps in the monolith line. Everything else maneuvers to get better LOS for potshots against the monoliths. My other terminators arrive, landing solidly in no mans land close to the objective. My Bikers assault, killing and not losing any models in return. The warriors closest to my flank break and are run down, ouch!

CJ shuffles the Destroyers to maximize shooting against the new arrivals, then veils his lord and immortals to get within range of the the recently arriving terminators. Takes shots, two go down from the new arrivals, and 1 or 2 from the other terminator squads. I realize just because you can deepstrike first turn, doesn't mean you SHOULD deepstrike first turn! The Wraiths join the fray with the one bike squad, the lord with the other now free bike squad!

Turn three Belial and his entourage move into assault range of the destroyer lord. The landspeeder, Sammael, and 1 Land Raider Crusader move into range of the veiled Immortals. The terminator squad in the open move toward destroyers and the other ones move to the bikers fighting wraiths and warriors. Destroyers take a lot of shooting, and a few lay down, all of the immortals have to lay down Smile. Belial and his boys assault and make short work of the Destroyer lord and massacre toward the warrior/wraith assault.

CJ manages to roll all but 1 of the immortals back up, 1 of the destroyers gets back up. Monolith teleports the warriors into the middle of the board. Monoliths pick up a casualty or two, and put a wound on one attack bike. Immortals and lord assault the Land Raider Crusader, but fail to hit!

Turn four Everything in the army shoots at the warriors and I get enough killed of the Destroyers to stop them getting back up.

CJ rolls his WBB and fails to pick up enough models to win the game.

Was a good game, despite me winning decisively (big points!) the game was a nailbiter for a minute there. Watching terminator after terminator go down while marching through monolith fire was no fun at all!

Good game CJ!

Second game

Who - Me - Dark Angels vs. Ryan - Eldar @ 2000 points

My list

Belial
3x5 man terminator squads
2x6 biker squads
2 attack bikes
1 landspeeder
1 land raider crusader
1 dread 1/ TLLC + ML

Ryan's list (he made this list specifically to play me, which i was in favor of once he told me... always good to see how you do against the worst possible scenario!)

Please forgive mistakes/spelling errors

Yriel
Farseer w/doom and mindwar + spirit stones
10 banshees in a waveserpent
1 falcon
6 fire dragons (the melty ones)
8 harlies inc/shadowseer
5 darkreapers
14 pathfinders
3 war walkers

Mission - The one with the counters, we rolled up 5 counters Sad

Summary

I deploy mostly to my right side, behind a large buidling. One bike squad is on my left. I have 2 counters close to my deployment zone, one on the left mid board, 1 on the right mid board and 1 right by his deployment zone.

His reapers deploy on my left defended by the harlies, his walkers and vehicles deploy middle board, his pathfinders infiltrate into the objective on my right and his objective.

first turn, I move my left most bikers back toward the center (don't fancy their chances against 10 harlies Wink). Then I move a bike squad toward the right mid board objective, within charge range of the pathfinders. Belial and boys arrive on my right (why I always do something stupid with DWA I don't know). I then down a war walker and prevent the falcon from shooting. My assault wipes out the pathfinders

Ryans turn, he moves the falcon to my right some more. The waveserpent moves forward with the war walkers and Yriel just behind. Pathfinder squad 2 owns the hell out of my very poorly (retarded) placed Terminator squad, killing three of the poor boys, Dark Reapers shoot at bikers, but I pass saves granted by the bunker.

Be back later to finish this up!

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)   The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 am

MATT....sweeeeeeeeet...was waiting for this batle reaport.....

Clarify my Line-Up...

Had 10 destroyers and 14 in each squad of troops........

Nailbiter was an understatment.

Those autocannons kicked my ass!
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)   The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:28 am

Assault Cannons!

Autocannons aren't nearly as cheesy Wink

Fixed the list!
Back to top Go down
Scav
Initiate
Initiate
Scav

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)   The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 9:49 am

nice man we should have taken pics!

6 Fire Dragons
only 7 Harlequins plus Shadowseer
and only 14 Pathfinders.. 7 a unit

doin good bro!

so i think i am going to post my usual list soon and you can tell that i really didn't change much to face ya. lets see.. i usually have spiders instead of reapers.. and dire avengers instead of yriel. thats really about all.. i will be posting it in the army list section soon so keep a look out! call me or text when you are going to be back or whenever and i will hopefully be able to come get my crap out of your car

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)   The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 10:26 am

thanks Ryan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)   The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dark Angels invade (1 vs Necrons, 1 vs Eldar)
Page 1 of 1