Yes, folks, you read correctly. This is a sign up of sorts for the first ever:Acme Cup 2009-10 Invitational Blood Bowl league!
This league is for up to 22 more people with the new Blood Bowl pc game by Cyanide.
If you don't have it, but like the board game, GO BUY IT! The game is a faithful
recreation of the board game we all know and love. Only, with this league, you don't have to buy teams, paint them, then lug them to and from somebody's house to play!Details:League start date
: Ideally, the beginning of November, but that depends on how many we have signed up by then. Spread the word!!!Total # of teams
: 24Running tally of slots left
: "Classic" setting in game (Living Rulebook 4th Ed. is what the game is based on)Turns/Time limit
: 16 turns at 4 minutes eachMatches
: 22Match frequency
: One match per week, however
... if all matches are played before the week is up, the game will auto- advance to the next 'week'.
-----Theoretically, the entire season could be completed in 22 days.Playing matches
: The server that hosts the season chooses your opponents week to week. I do not know what metric it uses to determine matches.
-----It could just be random.What you need:
1) A copy of Blood Bowl by Cyanide. Available on retail shelves or as a download from the developer's site. Click the "Shop" link on the Blood Bowl site
2) Your Player Key found in the booklet with the retail version of the game. Download people will have the Player Key in an email from Cyanide.
Remember: only ONE person can use a player key at a time. If you share the game with a friend, only one of you can register a team in the league. All players have to have their own Player Key.
3) A multiplayer account set up from within the game's interface.
4) A newly- created, unplayed team of your choosing.
5) A willingness to get stomped on by my Dwarfs... RAWR!I have all that, now what?After
you have applied to the league in the Blood Bowl game, reply to this post with your real name, team name, race, and confirmation that you have applied.How do I set up the game and apply to the league?
Follow the instructions (with images!) found in the following post.
Any questions? Please ask them below!
(Danny - Head coach of Grungi's Kegsmashers)