CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers

Go down 
+5
CaelynTek
Bojesphob
wittdooley
altahara
HAND OF DUME
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers Empty
PostSubject: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:01 am

So I bought some Nids. WIth the new codex release and the fact that I'll never see a new Necron 'dex mean I gotta find some Xeno love to fill my display case.

On deck
24 Termagaunts w/ Fleshborer
16 Genestealers
24 Hormagaunts
6 Warriors
1 Carnifex w scything talons and crusher claws.

I have my eye on another battalion which will add another 8,8, and 8 for the troop another Carni and 3 Warriors.

Finished Assembly yesterday and they have all received a base of spray primer.

These, like the crons will be a down and dirty table top army. Stay tuned for some tutorial pictures.

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers 679437300_BAgHe-O

Last edited by John Gemrich on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:36 am

I'm curious to see your paint sceme.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:40 am

eeeewwww bugs.. "the only good bug is a dead bug"lol

Oh and they are working on the 'cron codex.. so why you bummin?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:41 am

HAND OF DUME wrote:
I'm curious to see your paint sceme.

I already have a test model done but will keep you all in suspense as I do a tutorial/Walkthrough.

Quote :
Oh and they are working on the 'cron codex.. so why you bummin?

Actually I really like the Crons and I think their codex is just fine as is. Sure some things are weak but others are pretty strong. I'd actually love to see some new releases though. A plastic Pariah/Immortal kit would be tops on my list as well as something that could do well/be cost effective in an anti armor role.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:18 am

Hey John--

Did you prime that with your gun or with a can primer? If a can, what kind? Oh yeah, and WHERE THE HELL do you guys find that Krylon Camo stuff. I can't find it at any flippin Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:21 am

Hey, Witt, I think I saw some camo spray paint in Advanced Auto on Glenway across the street from Subway (near where the old Circuit City used to be). I was picking up some Duplicolor sandable primer that I use to prime my minis and remember seeing it...
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:23 am

Feaking sweet. I'm gonna go look. I've been having a hell of a time with finding a primer I like. I normally use the armoury stuff, but It was all grainy on me. But then, I primed some stuff this weekend when it was coldish, and it wasn't grainy at all. I'm beginning to think that the Spray Cans getting too hot caused the graininess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:13 am

that is the Krylon Camo Tan. Walmart on Winton&275. In the spray paint section.
The fuzzy primer is due to humidity
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:56 pm

John Gemrich wrote:
that is the Krylon Camo Tan. Walmart on Winton&275. In the spray paint section.
The fuzzy primer is due to humidity

Yeah I used to have that humidity problem too... always happened when I would take my primer box outside to save the smell inside. Once I realized the humidity was the culprit, I just started priming inside all the time, in short bursts, and dealt with the smell.
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:24 pm

John Gemrich wrote:

Usually whats pictured on the Codex cover is fail Wink

Looking forward to it man..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:31 am

Marc wrote:
John Gemrich wrote:

Usually whats pictured on the Codex cover is fail Wink

Looking forward to it man..

You should know me by now.... it is better to look tits then to be the best on the field option.

I'll figure a way to win with it later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 8:33 am

Update:

Picked up another battalion and assembled.

So this is the Army

Gaunt Brood 24 Gaunts w/ Flesh Borer
Gaunt Brood 16 Gaunt w/ Spinefist
Hormaguant Brood 24
Genestealer Brood - 12 w/ Rending Claws
Genestealer Brood - 12 w/ Scything Talons
Warrior Brood (3) - 3 w/ Scything Talons and Spinefist
Warrior Brood (6) - 4 w/ Death Spitter Scything Talons, 1 Venom Cannon Scything Talon, 1 Barbed Strangler.
1 Carni w/ Tusks, Crushing Claws and Scything Talons
1 Carni w/ enhanced senses, Venom Cannon and Scything Talons.

Depending on Biomorphs this will get me a few point on the table.

The only thing I may add before the new codex and releases arrive is a set of Zoanthropes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:33 am

Over the past few days I've based the entire army. These 3 units have had their chitin painted, their bases painted and finally a wash of Devlan Mud applied.

The base coat is Krylon Spray
The chitin is Reaper Master Series Jungle Green
The base is sand and glue with GW Dark Flesh.
Was is a Delvan mud cut a bit with water/medium.

I'm debating doing snow on the bases. Any thoughts?

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers 709119431_5jhW9-O

Week 1 is a 24 count Termanguant unit
Week 2 is a 6 count Warrior unit
Week 3 is a 12 count Genestealer unit

Over the past few days I've based the entire army. These 3 units have had their chitin painted, their bases painted and finally a wash of Devlan Mud applied.

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers 709119431_5jhW9-O

I'm including my "test" figure which is finished except for the base.
Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers 709119425_U5ZCh-O
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 am

Looks great John.

I think your test figure paintjob is fantastic, even though I don't like the color scheme. That has no bearing on you though, ever since the Genestealers I knew and loved from Space Hulk were integrated with the Tyranid army, I've always had an aversion to the light color schemes they were given in that army. I was introduced to Genestealers in their dark blue and purple form, and to me they should be that way...

I know, that's dumb. Smile

Like I said though, great paintjob.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 am

Hey John!

Looks great. What is the spray you're using as the primer and where'd you get it? Is it another one of those mysterious camo paints that I can't flippin find anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 am

wittdooley wrote:
Hey John!

Looks great. What is the spray you're using as the primer and where'd you get it? Is it another one of those mysterious camo paints that I can't flippin find anywhere?

Yes... Mysterious Krylon Camo paint still.
I'm gonna draw you a treasure map of the inside of a Walmart or I'll just pick you up some cans and charge my usual shipping and handling fee.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:36 am

Haha! I swear I can never find them! I'll look again tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:17 am

Which Walmart are you going to?
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 am

Em.... I'll probably stop at either Winton Road or one of the two on Colerain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 am

wittdooley wrote:
Em.... I'll probably stop at either Winton Road or one of the two on Colerain.

I actually bought my last batch at the Winton store so I know they stock it.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:41 am

Looks good man. I like the pale color scheme.
Back to top Go down
altahara
Sergeant
Sergeant
altahara

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

I need to remember to look for this paint at my Wal Mart..

yay employee discount.. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:33 am

Finally an update. I built my gargoyles over the weekend and will be going into Tyranid painting full tilt (I think).

Here is a Test model. The carapace schema has changed from the test gaunt you saw previously.

Did I say the Gargoyle models are awesome to put together? I wish I felt that way about the Raveners....

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers 768285823_S6rbW-O
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:53 am

Nids are looking more like dinosaurs than bugs these days. Smile
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Love the paint Scheme bro!! No ties to a favorite University of ours in there is there??? LOL

Don't mater. The will look great with their guts spilling out all over my Power Weapons and Wolf Claws. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers   Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyranid blog Update 2/22 pg 2 Genestealers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next