CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACME Games is MOVING

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

ACME Games is MOVING Empty
PostSubject: ACME Games is MOVING   ACME Games is MOVING EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:27 pm

ACME Games and Comics is changing locations!

We will be closed November 29th for the move and re-open November 30th at our new location:

1830 Sutton Road,
Cincinnati, OH 45230

It is still in the Anderson Township and Mt. Washington areas.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1830+Sutton+Ave,+Cincinnati,+OH+45230&sll=39.072343,-84.361717&sspn=0.009329,0.017831&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1830+Sutton+Ave,+Cincinnati,+Hamilton,+Ohio+45230&z=16

From the old store, you just go a bit further up Salem Road and then take a right onto Sutton. Be sure to drop by the new location as we're sure to be having events and sales to celebrate the move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acmegames.com
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games is MOVING   ACME Games is MOVING EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 am

Is this a bigger location?

Also you need help moving?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games is MOVING   ACME Games is MOVING EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:39 pm

So I drove by the new address today on my lunch break to get an idea of the new location and how accesible it may be.

If the lease is on the entire sq footage looks to be a gain overall space and parking.

But for visibility and location, man... it is really tough to find. Mostly because Corbly turns into Sutton about 200 yards off Beechmont avenue vs. directly crossing Beechmont. Unless you mapquest first or are very familiar with the area you will not find the shop.

Overall, I'm not sure if the move is a good or bad one. Bad for visibility and/or increased foot traffic from drive by is a given IMO. The street is almost completely residential with some very localized commericial use.

I don't know the economic drivers in the area but I can't imagine this is a "win" location. As I don't go often, and only on lunches when they open at 2 (only 1 day a week now) it really doesn't move me one way or the other.

Regards,
John
Back to top Go down
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games is MOVING   ACME Games is MOVING EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 pm

In response to a few of the questions that were asked...

Polling our customers, we find that we get almost zero "hey I just was driving by and saw your store for the first time" type of people coming in. Being just off Beechmont, you would think that we'd get more drive-by or walk-by customers. That hasn't happened since we moved to this location a few years ago.

In terms of floor space, it's a lateral move. We have roughly the same amount of space, but we might be able to lay it out better. There will be a main room for sales, a smaller gaming room with a few tables, and then a larger gaming room available when we need it.

In terms of parking, it will be an improvement. One of the largest problems we have with ACME now is the horrible parking situation. Recently, it became worse because of a business that moved in behind us and claimed the entire back parking lot, then started trying to tow any customers who parked back there. It's a real danger and we do not want our customers risking getting towed because of an over-zealous neighbor.

In addition, Walgreens (across the street) is going to get torn down and rebuilt. We don't know when, but we do know Walgreens has rented the old skate shop. They will use it for the pharmacy during the construction. With the bad parking situation that already exists, we can't really have two or three more Walgreens employees' cars taking up spaces, too.

And there is the fact that we've had water leak problems at this place that have not or can not be fixed.

The new place is harder to find, until you find it for the first time. There is the risk that some of our occasional customers will not be able to find the new place. This move puts us in/near a lot of residential housing and we may see new customers from that. We hope it balances out.

And, most importantly, it gives us a new "start point" for a lot of programs we want to roll out. We are planning on more organized events, game "advocates" or "vanguards" to help find and encourage players of certain games, better communication with our customers (news letters and more web traffic), and a wider selection of games.

We're excited about the move. We hope that people drop by to check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acmegames.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games is MOVING   ACME Games is MOVING Empty

Back to top Go down

ACME Games is MOVING
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: