CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 Empty
PostSubject: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am

ACME Games is hosting a tournament similar to our Dreadnought bash (which had 10 participants). This time around it's characters that take center stage. The rules are:

A single character model (non-vehicle). You can choose a named character out of a codex or make one using the appropriate entry from your codex (ie build your own chapter master using the legal equipment from his list). No retinues, bodyguards, shield drones... it's just a single model.

No points limit. The model must be painted to at least table top standards and WYSIWYG. You can use any upgrades as long as it's allowed by your codex, keeping in mind some older codices limited wargear to 100 points or whatever. Initiative will be random. Starting positions will be random.

We'll probably do kill points and last man standing, just like for the Dread Bash. And we'll start around 7:00-7:30.

We didn't do an entry fee for the Dread Bash, but we did give out prizes. I don't think we've decided on that yet this time around.

Questions? Post 'em here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.acmegames.com
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:27 am

The Dread battle was 2 rounds. First round was won by a decked out carnifex. Second round was won by Bjorn the Fell-Handed. We combined the two rounds and Bjorn was the overall winner.

In all, I think we had the following:
Bjorn
Carnifex
2 Soul Grinders
2 Deff Dreads
1 squad of War Walkers
1 squad of Crisis Suits
1 Marine Dreadnought
1 Eldar Wraithlord

Going into the Dread battle, I think we all knew Bjorn and a Carny would be odds-on favorites to win. In the character battle, there's going to be a lot more involved and a lot more options.

Abaddon - probably my guess to win. Strength 8 and re-rolling to wounds plus a good invuln. If it's not him, it will probably be...
Nightbringer - No one really plays Necrons at the store, but this is the time to break them out again. Toughness 8 and a weapon that ignores all armour. The downside is the movement.

Other choices:
Greater Daemon of Khorne - good psychic save, decent invuln save and wings
Ghazkhull - will swing last and doesn't have a great invuln except when he waaaghs.
Njal - there's always CotWW and his goofy random chart each turn. Not really powerful but he can sit and snipe each turn.
Fateweaver - 3 psychic powers per turn, ability to turn someone into a spawn, and his silly re-roll for saves.
Eldrad - Scary old man thanks to him shutting down other psykers, Mind War, and other psychic tricks.
Grey Knight Grand Master - "removes from table" force weapon (not the instant kill version) and good stats across the board. 4+ invuln from Icon of the Just and maybe even a psycannon to plink at folks at range
Hive Tyrant - Possibly Wings, implant attack for double wounds, decent number of attacks, toxic miasma... but a terrible invuln save and everything is probably going to ignore normal armor.

We're playing for fun so I hope people bring their favorite character and not necessarily the most powerful one. Still, it's interesting to contemplate which one will walk away with the crown.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:46 am

Hm. If I could make it, I'd probably bring a Necron Destroyer Lord, Warscythe, Orb, Phase Shifter. S5 T6 3+/4++ whose attacks ignore armor AND invuln saves, moves like a jetbike, and can come back to life.
Back to top Go down
dynamicspartan
Neophyte
dynamicspartan

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:10 pm

I dont like your destroyer lord... at all.
Back to top Go down
Mendin
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 10:51 pm

dynamicspartan wrote:
I dont like your destroyer lord... at all.

Then shoot him. He has no guns.

Also I need to get a destroyer lord in the next month...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 am

In the choice between a close combat Lord on Destroyer platform and the nightbringer... go Nightbringer/Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
krak_kirby
Neophyte
krak_kirby

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:33 pm

Any particular reason you are doing this on a Monday? What time will you begin? Do we need to sign up for this? Finally, will there be an entry fee and/or prizes?

Thanks!
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:55 am

krak_kirby wrote:
Any particular reason you are doing this on a Monday? What time will you begin? Do we need to sign up for this? Finally, will there be an entry fee and/or prizes?

Thanks!
Kevin

Monday is our Warhammer 40K night at the store. We play 40K Fridays and Saturdays as well (and the Sunday Apoc game once per month), but most of our organized play stuff happens on Mondays.

We'll begin about 7:00. Time permitting, we'll do two rounds like we did with the dreadnaught bash.

You don't need to sign up. We'll make sure we arrange the terrain to suit the number of people we have.

There will not be an entry fee that I am aware of. Last time we did give out small prizes, but it's mostly for fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7   ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

ACME 40k Last Man Standing (Character) Battle - Dec 7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Warhammer 40k :: 40k General Discussion-
Jump to: