CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB

Go down 
+5
thorgrim
Fenix
Crobar
dynamicspartan
HAND OF DUME
9 posters
AuthorMessage
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB Empty
PostSubject: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Caught this off BOLS...enjoy:

Lots of crazy talk on various forums this weekend. Here is a rundown of what the community hivemind is trying to piece together from the intermittant chatter out there:

January: Tyranids
February: Beastmen
March-May: Blood Angels
June-July: Fantasy 8th Edition Rulebook
September: Fantasy 8th Edition Boxed Set
Fall: 40K mystery codex: ~hints regarding it are:
-"Blood Angels are only half of the story"
-"fleet based marines"
-"very nice stuff winging its way in our direction"

There is talk of 3 codices in 2010 for 40k
General dispositions of various 40k armies awaiting new codices are described as:
-Necrons: Deep in the development cycle
-Dark Eldar: Deep in the development cycle
-Grey Knights: Work started
-Witchhunters: Work Started

On the Fantasy front, Tomb Kings and Orks&Goblins are getting a certain level of chatter out there.
Back to top Go down
dynamicspartan
Neophyte
dynamicspartan

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Sounds awesome. Even tough this is no codex or big deal, we cant forget about the Legion of the Damned models coming out in Janurary! Yay for early Birthday! cheers
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:25 am

I got an Email today confirming Beastmen for Feb.
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 11:50 am

8th edition Fantasy. I just seems like last year that 7th edition came out. And they really need to do Necrons soon (looks like they are in the development phase).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
thorgrim
Neophyte
thorgrim

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Don't play Necrons or Dark Eldar, but I would love to see the new stuff they come out with.

What's the difference between the Beastmen book and the Beast of Chaos book? Are they losing ogres, trolls, minotaurs or those shaggoths? Don't play fanatsy (yet). Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:25 pm

I am glad they have 8th edition coming out! That way everyone will be just as fuzzy as I am on the rules!

Hopefully they will just make an Iquisitor Codex and just have Demonhunters and witchhunters in it.

O&G new book?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Beast of Chaos is the older "Sixth edition" version of the Beastmen book. Just like "Hordes of Chaos" was the older "Warriors of Chaos." The reason the book titles are changing has to do with the wording with the armies. Not exactly sure how it works, but Beast of Chaos need to be fixed right now as they can take Special and rare selections from the Mortals list. As well as being the bottom of the barrel in terms of Fantasy armies.

They seriously are worse off than even Tomb Kings and Ogres. At least Tomb kings sorta have a one trick pony, and Ogres have stuff to deal with armor. Beastmen? Ambush...and that's it. You know it's coming, so you deploy as necessary. Even the all Minotuar army is terrible now, with the abundance of multi-wound spells/items/etc...

Poor bastards...my Beast Man army sat after two games, until I traded it for Vampire Counts...

Orcs and Goblins always get a new book right after a new edition of Fantasy. So it's no surprise on this.

Not sure what needs fixing in 8th edition, unless everything is going the way of at War of the Rings. I don't think there needs to be a new edition. O well, we'll see what changes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Beastmen are screwed at the moment because GW brought out a FAQ that says they aren't allowed to use anything out of the Warriors of Choas or Daemons codexes. What you have left isn't much to work with.
Back to top Go down
Bojesphob
Forum Moderator
Bojesphob

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 4:57 pm

thorgrim, I think they are keeping the normal units and what not they have now, but are updating the rules to only include them....

This was on BoLS, and it shows what they might be bringing out (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/11/wfb-rumors-beasts-of-chaos.html)

Quote :
Following up on earlier hints from Games Workshop, the first real rumor dumps of the Beast of Chaos armybook have arrived:

Scryer in the Darkness says:

Doombull (Metal Box) - TBD
Grulgor* (Metal Box) - TBD
Gors (Plastic Box) - TBD
Ungors (Plastic Box) - TBD
Bestigors (Plastic Box) - 32,50 €
Minotaurs (Plastic Box) - 35,00 €

And the Chariot got a new product code, though that may not necessarily mean it's getting a new model.

Gors (Plastic Box) - £15.00 / US?? / 19,50 € / Oz$41.00
Ungors (Plastic Box) - £15.00 / US?? / 19,50 € / Oz$41.00
Bestigors (Plastic Box) - £25.00 / US?? / 32,50 € / Oz$69.00
Minotaurs (Plastic Box) - £27.00 / US?? / 35,00 € / Oz$74.00

But the metal box codes are a bit muddied by the multitude of new codes for existing metal products that aren't actually going to to be getting new kits. I have three metal products that are "new", I'm pretty certain the first two are Doombull and Grulgor respectively, and I get the feeling that the £35 box is just the existing Centigors. So I'll just leave these unassigned for the moment until I can get a confirmation on what is actually new and what has just been given a new product code:

(Metal Box) - £15.00 / US$25.00 / 22,50 € / Oz$44.00
(Metal Box) - £25.00 / US$41.25 / 32,50 € / Oz$69.00
(Metal Box) - £35.00 / US$57.75 / 50,00 € / Oz$96.00

and Grimgorironhide adds:

"Not sure if already posted but I found this off warhammer forums.
"Beastmen due out at the start of March.
*** Herds/Ungors are still mixed and rank up 5 wide. Champions no longer confer a +1 LD bonus - however the majority of beast units and characters have went up 1 in LD.
*** Ambush is still available to the herds.
*** Minotaur lords are still available and have access to Beast mutations. Makes minotaurs core.
*** Chariots are now special choices but 2 for 1.
*** Centigors are core and fast cav however you still need to take gors/ungors/bestigors to fill up your core slots.
*** Gorgon is the new monster in the Rare spots.
*** Centigor Hero available
*** Beastlords with LD9"

The width issue is a no brainer to be fixed, I think we can take that as a given. I have also heard talk about different "breeds" of warhounds perhaps being available... I'm guessing this might be as simple as buying them poisoned attacks/regeneration/clown shoes and red noses etc etc.

I gather the roles of the Shaman and the Minotaurs will be expanded upon in this release.. makes sense and is, again, a kind of retrotastic move by GW back towards the RoC era fluff."
Back to top Go down
CJ
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:09 pm

wow....I may be drawn back in.........Nids and Necrons? KNIGHTS???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB   Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumored Release schedule for 2010 40k/WFB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: