CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40k Battle Missions Supplement

Go down 
+3
Fenix
thorgrim
HAND OF DUME
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

40k Battle Missions Supplement Empty
PostSubject: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:48 pm

From the Bell of Lost Souls:

We've been hearing about a book of new missions for over a year, but Games Workshop just officially announced it: Battle Missions

"Coming in March, Battle Missions is a brand-new supplement for Warhammer 40,000 that expands on the basic missions found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. Each of the thirty-something scenarios detailed in Battle Missions has been designed to allow you to fight the sort of battles normally the subject of Black Library novels. From daring raids and assassinations, to breakthroughs and last stands, Battle Missions will allow your army to play in a way that reflects its background. No matter what Warhammer 40,000 army you collect this exciting new supplement will open up a whole new gaming experience.

Of course it just wouldn't be the same if there weren't some great new miniatures to fight through these missions with. Fortunately, there will be new sets for Space Marines, Orks and the Imperial Guard released alongside Battle Missions in March."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHOO-HOO, CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT! cheers
Back to top Go down
thorgrim
Neophyte
thorgrim

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm

This sounds like a great addition to the game. Is there any info on whether the missions will only be for standard points games or Apacalypse?
Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:12 pm

thorgrim wrote:
This sounds like a great addition to the game. Is there any info on whether the missions will only be for standard points games or Apacalypse?

I'm hoping for a mixture between the two. If is only standard, you could probably tweak the rules a little so they fit apoc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:44 pm

thorgrim wrote:

It says that the new missions supplement will expand on the basic missions in the 40k rulebook, but like Fenix said you could probably tweek to fit Apoc.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Fenix
Neophyte
Fenix

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:06 pm

neat, I like the vostroyans on the cover.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/Xenix?ref=profile
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Fenix wrote:

Plastic Vostroyans would be awesome for this! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:55 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:
Fenix wrote:

Man.. Plastic Vostroyans over plastic great coats would be a miss in my book. I know FW has the DWoK covered but that would be hugely popular.
Back to top Go down
HAND OF DUME
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:44 am

A video by Big Red of BoLS was posted yesterday of the new missions book. Very nice... a must have in March. Check it out.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/02/40k-review-battle-missions-video.html
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:50 pm

kainthedragoonx wrote:
Fenix wrote:

I cant say I share your enthusiasm.

I know this is selfish, but i'm really hoping for something that generic IG can use. I hate the little russians.

Now plastic stormtroopers....NOW WERE TALKING!
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 pm

I have to agree with archite666 after viewing BOLS video and a review on blood of kittens blog, I'm not too impressed as of yet. I was hoping for more of a generic competitive tournament type missions instead of specialty and 4th edition style missions, meh. I can't see buying this but will reserve final opinion after I look at the book (someone elses book) Sleep
Back to top Go down
archite666
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Warmonger wrote:
I have to agree with archite666 after viewing BOLS video and a review on blood of kittens blog, I'm not too impressed as of yet. I was hoping for more of a generic competitive tournament type missions instead of specialty and 4th edition style missions, meh. I can't see buying this but will reserve final opinion after I look at the book (someone elses book) Sleep

I hate to spoiler it for you, but they already posted an entire list of the missions

Most seem outright 4th edition, you will have to make the final call yourself....

I'm sure youv seen the IG bombard rule, tossing paper up in the air and putting a large blast where it lands.

3 baneblades vs 1500 points.

Some of the other ones have slightly modified rules of the original but i'm not really sold on tournament worthy.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Yea I've seen the missions since the posting, tournament missions: never really expected it but hope springs eternal. Probably ok for casual play but I don't get much of those kind of games in anymore.
Back to top Go down
wittdooley
Veteran Sergeant
Veteran Sergeant
wittdooley

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Warmonger wrote:
Yea I've seen the missions since the posting, tournament missions: never really expected it but hope springs eternal. Probably ok for casual play but I don't get much of those kind of games in anymore.

That's really too bad. Those are the best kind.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 am

wittdooley wrote:
Quote :
That's really too bad. Those are the best kind.

Not really, I prefer the tournament play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40k Battle Missions Supplement   40k Battle Missions Supplement Empty

Back to top Go down

40k Battle Missions Supplement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: General :: News and Rumors-
Jump to: