CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to forum

Go down 
+5
BoomFex
JTPitt
CaelynTek
Warmonger
Febtober
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Febtober
Neophyte
Febtober

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: New to forum   New to forum EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:37 am

Hey all, Im new to the forums but not wargaming. Im a pretty experienced painter and scenery maker, just looking to get back into the scene here (new to cincy). Looking to find some people who play necromunda or possibly space hulk. Id really like to put together another necromunda table if i can find some people to play with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 am

Welcome to the boards. I've tried necromunda once last year and also have the new Space Hulk. I'm up in West Chester as well.
Back to top Go down
Warmonger
Initiate
Initiate
Warmonger

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:56 am

Hello and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Febtober
Neophyte
Febtober

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for the welcomes.

-John
How did you like necromunda? I have the new rulebook and quite a few minis. Id really like to get a few interested people together to have some regular games. I just always really dug the RPG elements of it.

A few years or so ago i built a modular necromunda table using 12" square mdf boards. It turned out really well (wish i would have taken some dang pics grrrr). I still have a few walkways and small bits of scenery. I would like to start building/playing again if i can find some people.

I assume you have a table of some kind?? if so what kind of scenery?
Back to top Go down

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 am

I play on the pool table in my basement when I'm not out at the LGS. I've a fair amount (about 4 x 60 qt containers) of diverse scenary. From Fantasy (trees, hills, ruins, buildings) to Sci Fi (GW city fight/Planetstrike_) and generic stuff (rocks, craters, ice hills). I have a few table tops I switch between, Grass, grey for city fighting, and blue for sea battles.

I was OK w/ Necromunda. Truthfully, one of the things I did not enjoy was the RPG aspect.... doesn't mean I'm fully opposed to it. I just like to come to the gaming table w/ my stats in hand. I generally dislike "upgrading" throughout play but I've done it with other systems before (Dogs of War for Confrontation).

If you like Necromunda, a game I found it very similar to was Infinity. Infinity is a much deeper/complex skirmish game from a tactics and unit variety stand point. Terrain use is very similar... in and out of buildings, going to overwatch, infilitrating etc. Weapon variety is much higher. Infinity is also small unit tactics with 8 to 12 figs a side. However, Infinity does not have the RPG aspect to it. As a painter though, I bet you'd really like the figs/sculpts. Probably the best in the business for sci fi IMO.

A little about me. While this is a primarily GW board I play a lot of different table top games as well. Uncharted Seas, Firestorm Armada, Malifaux (Wyrrd), Helldorado, Infinity, Hordes (a smidge), 40K, Fantasy, AT43, and COnfrontation. I used to consider myself a painter first and formost but now I'd say I lie in the middle of gaming/painting time.

Currently I'm playing about 80% 40K, and 20% Malifaux/Uncharted Seas. Just starting Firestorm. I've always got a bunch of projects on the painting table. (Tyranids,Firestorm,a Confrontation piece, and some skaven currently).
Back to top Go down
Febtober
Neophyte
Febtober

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:12 am

Yeah that IS a downside to some people about Necro. Some people dont want the RPG aspect and just want to sit down and play. There is alot of setup before and after games. Ive just always loved the atmosphere of the game, plus its based off of the 40k universe so i knew all the weapons etc. Plus doing conversions to my mini's which is the most fun. Id like to find some people who are really gung ho on necro to start a campaign.

That is why ive been more and more interested in Space Hulk. You can just sit down and play anytime, anywhere. No scenery needed. Ive never actually played space hulk (new or old versions) but would really like to. Ive almost plunked down and bought the new version a couple times, Just need some people to play with.

I did check out some infinity models and they are pretty impressive as you've said. I will have to do some more research but it definately looks like a game i could get into. Cool
Back to top Go down
CaelynTek
Initiate
Initiate
CaelynTek

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:41 am

Hey Febtober,

If you want to play Space Hulk, I"m your guy. More so than probably anyone else on the forum.

Take a look at my Space Hulk tourney thread in the Make a Date forum.

So yeah...Anytime you wanna play Space Hulk, let me know. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://miniblog.caelyntek.com
JTPitt
Sergeant
Sergeant
JTPitt

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:49 am

Hello there. Just saying Hi. I don't play much of anything else other then 40k and Fantasy. As you have seen though quite a few people here do play the different games. Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Back to top Go down
BoomFex
Neophyte

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:04 pm

I also live in the west chester area and would like to branch out into other games. (Currently play 70% 40k, 30% Warmachine)

I have had friends that really enjoyed Necromunda and would be willing to try anything.

If someone is willing to set up a date and time I would do my best to be there and learn a new game.
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:45 pm

Welcome to the boards look forward to having you at our events!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Febtober
Neophyte
Febtober

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Well im putting together a table as we speak, and working on some scenery ideas. It will be a smaller skirmish size table (4'x4') because thats all i can fit lol. Looking forward to getting it together and meeting some new people around here.

It will be industrial city/ruin type stuff, perfect for necro or infinity.

Ive been doing more research on infinity and it looks very cool. Im tempted to buy some haqqislam or ariadna minis. The rules are alot different but have alot of cool ideas/features.

Id like to try malifaux as well. Watched some vids on youtube about the gameplay with cards and whatnot. Looks very cool as well.
Back to top Go down
quickfuze
Neophyte

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 2:07 am

Hi and welcome to the CAG. I can tell you that this is a great group of guys. I was very happy when i settled into this community. I am currently in Afghanistan, but hope to meet you upon my return. Happy New Year.
Back to top Go down
Febtober
Neophyte
Febtober

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Got the table top together. New to forum 19636_1295124014758_1130043755_897944_5183943_n

Maybe it'll get legs on wednesday....
Back to top Go down
Matt
CAG Founder
Matt

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Welcome to forums!
Is your tag name a ccross between Febuary and October?

Hehe!
Back to top Go down
Febtober
Neophyte
Febtober

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:41 pm

yeah its from a celebrity jeopardy skit on SNL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CAG :: Forum Stuff! :: Say Hello!-
Jump to: