CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daemons of Chaos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Danny
Initiate
Initiate
Danny

Daemons of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Daemons of Chaos   Daemons of Chaos EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey so I've always wanted to try fantasy and have been thinking of sculpting and casting some of my own daemons (leaning towards tzeentch). Now i'm wondering how effective the daemons are in fantasy and what most people are using. I'd rather play an army of a medium amount of large creature models instead of a swarm of small cores. Is this possible and if so is it effective. I really know nothing so any advice on what to start making would be awesome. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Neznarf
Neophyte

Daemons of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos   Daemons of Chaos EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:29 pm

Well you won't have to worry much about effectiveness when it comes to Daemons of Chaos in Fantasy. There is a reason that they are one of the most popular tournament armies. I don't actually own the army book, but flesh hounds and flamers are known for being especially effective.

As for using a small army of -large- models, I'm not sure how far you can go with that. With Daemons, you will certainly have a much smaller model count than most armies and you have a few huge point sinks like the Greater Daemons available. Just like any Fantasy army, however, you do have a requirement to field a minimum number of core units (typically 3 units for 2000-2999 points). Going from memory, I think the core choices for Daemons are all infantry units on 25mm bases with a minimum unit size of 10. That's hardly a swarm as fantasy armies go, but you will still be looking at a fair amount of infantry.

Most folks are fairly forgiving about having the actual models, so I'd say if you're interested in giving it a go, just pick up the demon army book and some bases and try them out a few times before you invest too much time into the modeling.
Back to top Go down
Crobar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Daemons of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos   Daemons of Chaos EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:27 am

daemons are a pretty solid army and they look pretty cool. I haven't faced many large daemon forces so you won't put many models on the table. If you want large, best bet is ogres or wait and see what they release with beatmen early next year. With the exception of the Ironskin list, Ogres are not real competitive, but they are fun.
Personally, I would like to see you go with the daemons just to see what sculpts you come up with Smile.
Back to top Go down
NewportGames
Neophyte
NewportGames

Daemons of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos   Daemons of Chaos EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Quantity has a quality all its own (Joseph Stalin).

Elite forces lose fighting effectiveness faster as they take losses vs mass formations. Maybe it is the reason Orc's are so effective.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nky-photos.com
Sponsored content

Daemons of Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daemons of Chaos   Daemons of Chaos Empty

Back to top Go down

Daemons of Chaos
Page 1 of 1