CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ACME Games February Tournament

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

acme - ACME Games February Tournament Empty
PostSubject: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:07 am

This was also posted in the 40k General Forum... so if a moderator doesn't like duplication, he can delete one of them. Or both, if he's a real jerk about things and wants to make me cry.

February 27, 2010 - ACME Games will host another big 1850 style tournament. If you played in our September tournament in 2009, you'll know what to expect (except we're doing 3 rounds instead of 4 this time).

We have a limited amount of spots, so sign up now. The entry fee will be $15 per person, but all of that will be given back in prizes (either gift certificates or prizes from the shelves).

It will be THREE rounds of Swiss (2 hour matches) until we finally crown a champion. The schedule is:

9:30 Store Opens
10:00-12:30 Game One
12:30-1:30 Lunch
1:30-4:00 Game Two
4:30-7:00 Game Three

Rules are as follows (and are taken from Adepticon rules, in most cases):

* Armies will consist of 1850 points using a standard force organization chart.
* The Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Rules will be used.
* GW FAQs will be used. When necessary, the AdeptiCon INAT FAQ will be used (whichever the latest version is at the time), but the GW FAQs take priority (I'm looking at you, Space Wolves).
* Forge World/Imperial Armor units are not allowed, however players may still use their Forge World models to represent a unit from their codex.
* Individual units that may have multiple rules versions will follow the rules presented in that army's codex.
* Special/Unique/Named Characters may be fielded, provided their individual rules allow them to be used in armies of 1,850 pts or less.
* The 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) rule is in effect. That means all units must be easily identifiable as the particular codex choice they represent and that any and all weapons/options taken for a unit must be clearly represented on the model(s).
* You must provide access to your own rules (which include the actual Codex used for your army), dice, templates, pen/pencil, calculator, or anything else you'll need during the course of regular play.
* A separate printed army list is required for the judge and must be available to your opponent before the game. Army Builder lists are preferred. The list must be easily understood. Pretend it's for your job or something.
* In order to keep the tournament running on schedule, when time is called for a round, all player's must drop the dice and stop playing - no exceptions. Because of this, please be aware of the time left in the round and do not start a turn you cannot finish. A hard warning will be issued with 15 minutes remaining in the game. NO Game Turn shall be started after this warning is issued, period.
* If illegal units or rules violations are found in a player's list, at a minimum, the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. Tournament points may be deducted and award eligibility may be forfeited.
* Judges' and Officers' rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. ACME Games reserves the right to remove players from the tournament with no refunds allowed.

We will be using various scenarios. As a bonus, I've talked to Makari and he is going to allow a Sneak Peak for the CAG tournament. He is going to let us use one of the scenarios from the upcoming CAG tournament.

Only the first 14 people will be allowed to enter. Please, no signing up unless you are serious. Last minute cancellations or reserving a slot "just in case" will screw things up for everyone.

Sign up by replying here or emailing me (ski@yahoo.com) with the subject "ACME 40K TOURNAMENT"
Back to top Go down
http://www.acmegames.com
kainthedragoonx
Sergeant
Sergeant
kainthedragoonx

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 am

IN! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.aowcinci.com
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I'm In too!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:55 pm

I will try to make it!
Back to top Go down
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:17 am

Ronniem11 wrote:
I will try to make it!

I'll mark you down for a spot, but because there is limited availability, please let me know as soon as possible if you can't make it.
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 am

Yea count me in I will make a point to be there!
Back to top Go down
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 am

I have one more spot available if anyone is interested. Contact me ASAP to reserve it.
Back to top Go down
Affliction
Forum Moderator
Affliction

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:21 pm

I will take it if its still open, let me know
Back to top Go down
http://theblackparade2010.blogspot.com/
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:25 pm

I am willing to pay $20 for a ride to the acme tourney tomorrow morning ! looks like my ride fell through, Any takers? I am 5 minutes off the fields Ertel Ex on snider rd. Let me know by txt or phone call 513-289-4129, really want to play1 Just wanting to get my army out there on the Tables!

Let me Know Guys!
Back to top Go down
Makari
Supreme Forum Overlord
Makari

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Had lots of fun Thanks Acme for a fun time looking forward to another one!!!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/makarithraka
Ski
Neophyte
Ski

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:05 pm

It was a good time.

The only downside is that I lost one of those four trukks I loaned out for the scenario. If anyone accidentally grabbed one by mistake, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACME Games February Tournament   acme - ACME Games February Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

ACME Games February Tournament
Page 1 of 1