CAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friendly group of people looking to share their Hobby!!!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tyranid... Warriors list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Tyranid... Warriors list Empty
PostSubject: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 am

I was looking at a warrior heavy list as the foundation for an 1850 army. While not terribly fluffy I thought it sounded fun.

Unit 6 warriors
5 w/ 2 scything talons
1 w/ barbed strangler
adrenal glands

Unit 5 warriors
5 w/ spinefist
5 w/ adrenal glands

Unit 6 warriors
6 w/ Deathspitter

Unit 5 Warriors
5 Devourer
5 w/ Bonesword/Lashwhip
5 adrenal glands

Tyranid Prime
Lashwhip Bone sword
Adrenal Gland/Toxic

Tyranid Prime
Lashwhip Bonesword
Adrenal Gland/toxic

Tyrannofex
Rupture Cannon
Desicator Larvae

Trygon

Carnifex Brood (2)
2x Scything talon

Total 1850

The Tyrannofex ideally will stand back and shoot. I'm a little worried that w/ BS three and no blast the Rupture cannon may be a dud. At least it is firing 2x a turn. The Carni's and Trygons job are to hit armor or extra hard units. Bonesword warriors to target Terminators/Nobs and other types of sticky infantry. 2xscything talons and spinefist essentially do the same thing trying to get into HTH.

The unit w/ deathspitters can hang back and shoot or move into HTH depending on the situation.

Any thoughts? Is the model count too small? I'd also consider dropping a carni or Trygon for the parasite of Motrex and some rippers as well.
Back to top Go down
Marc
Fantasy Moderator
Marc

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 am

No Venom Cannons for those Warriors?

If only Warriors were T5 and Deathspitters had a blast..

I'd fine a way to get at least 10 Gargoyles in here (prefer 2x10) but have zero advice on what to drop Embarassed

Plenty of MCs to draw fire though. You should let me give it a game..
Back to top Go down
https://cincycag.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 am

Marc wrote:
No Venom Cannons for those Warriors?

If only Warriors were T5 and Deathspitters had a blast..

I'd fine a way to get at least 10 Gargoyles in here (prefer 2x10) but have zero advice on what to drop Embarassed

Plenty of MCs to draw fire though. You should let me give it a game..

I'm not sure the VC is worth the points on the warriors. 15 points for a STR 6 blast. If it was AP3 vs. 4 I'd be on it. I like the range though and had one in the unit w/ the deathspitters but dropped it when I was over.
Back to top Go down
Chethrok_Bloodfist
Neophyte
Chethrok_Bloodfist

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:50 am

I don't think the model count is too small. All those multi-Wound models will help to soak up the majority of anti-infantry fire, and opponents who direct enough anti-tank fire to Instant Death your Warriors will be ignoring all the MCs running towards their lines.

The Tyrannofex seems to me like an investment in not just firepower, but the assurance that it's going to be around for the whole game. T6, 6 Wounds and a 2+ armor save, combined with the fact that it's not charging forward to eat you, means your opponent will probably ignore it rather than wasting time and firepower. You could accomplish the same tank-busting for fewer points by taking a Zoanthrope Brood in a Mycetic Spore, but their lack of resilience makes them priority one targets and they probably wouldn't last all that long.
Back to top Go down
Ronniem11
Initiate
Initiate
Ronniem11

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Actually the Tyrannofex with Rupture isn't too bad but With S6, T6 and W6 I wish I would have moved him up to get into some CC support may have turned the table on a close loss. It came down to one troop of the opponent survived to claim an Objective so you may want to let him pop off some shots early in the game then start moving him up around turn 3 to get into some CC

Isn't That right Makari lol!
Back to top Go down
mikerollsones
Neophyte
mikerollsones

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I think the tyranofex is a waste. I've played with it and I haven't found it to be very effective. Zoanthropes do better for anti tank. Warriors are worth it. They don't die, unless you're playing guard with their god "I've been censored so now i'm going to the dam shop&qu instadeath pie plates they throw at you every turn without having to see you. las cannons rape them too but they're amazing against infantry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid... Warriors list   Tyranid... Warriors list Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyranid... Warriors list
Page 1 of 1